Why Mel Gibson is great in act and made War Movies such as the (Patriot ,we were soldiers.ect..) is he from ..?

Why Mel Gibson is great in act and made War Movies such as the (Patriot ,we were soldiers.ect..) is he from military family or wat Cuz he give us real fillings about war and real soldiers im watching now (we were soldiers - 2002) in dvd (battle in 1965 against Vietnam) it's great movie with great show... show more Why Mel Gibson is great in act and made War Movies such as the (Patriot ,we were soldiers.ect..) is he from military family or wat

Cuz he give us real fillings about war and real soldiers
im watching now (we were soldiers - 2002) in dvd (battle in 1965 against Vietnam) it's great movie with great show especially from Mel Gibson
We Were Soldiers is a 2002 American war film that dramatized the Battle of Ia Drang in November 1965, the first major engagement of United States military forces in the Vietnam War. The film was directed by Randall Wallace and stars Mel Gibson. It is based on the book We Were Soldiers Once… And Young by Lieutenant General (Ret.) Hal Moore and reporter Joseph L. Galloway, both of whom were at the battle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Were_Sol...
Update: oh , Braveheart movie was GREAT too .. and i saw this movie more than 6 times http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braveheart Braveheart is a 1995 American epic/drama film directed by, produced by, and starring Mel Gibson. The film was written for the screen and then novelized by Randall Wallace. Gibson portrays... show more oh , Braveheart movie was GREAT too .. and i saw this movie more than 6 times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braveheart
Braveheart is a 1995 American epic/drama film directed by, produced by, and starring Mel Gibson. The film was written for the screen and then novelized by Randall Wallace. Gibson portrays William Wallace, a Scottish warrior who gained recognition when he came to the forefront of the First War of Scottish Independence by opposing King Edward I of England (also known as "Longshanks", portrayed by Patrick McGoohan), and subsequently abetted by Edward's daughter-in-law, Princess Isabelle of France (played by Sophie Marceau) and a claimant to the Scottish throne, Robert the Bruce (played by Angus Macfadyen).

The film won five Academy Awards at the 68th Academy Awards, including the Academy Award for Best Picture and Best Director, and had been nominated for an additional five.
Update 2: Chauncey Q. Buttercup : Thanbks , but I think that the disposal of his father was a wise .. Because if we lost Mel Gibson in the Vietnam War .. What we couldn't see great movies and immortal in the history of cinema, such as those films
Update 3: Yes .. my Q. was about his background family about my favor Mel Gibson with help from Wiki .. THANKS for ur Q.
Update 4: Btw .. I like Shakespeare .. and I read more than 27 of his Plays (and Wrote about him and his plays in many sites (in Top Class Theatre Sites) .. and Mel Gibson was Great in Hamlet .. he's make best job ever in Shakespearean plays
2 answers 2