OK, i cant have a german shepherd...but i can have a belgian malinois...?

Alright so i've been apartment searching in the metro detroit area and there are practically no apt. complexes that allow german shepherds. Sure i could go to the one apt complex that actually allows GSD's but what if it doesn't work out there? Then i have a beautiful, intelligent dog that no where else... show more Alright so i've been apartment searching in the metro detroit area and there are practically no apt. complexes that allow german shepherds. Sure i could go to the one apt complex that actually allows GSD's but what if it doesn't work out there? Then i have a beautiful, intelligent dog that no where else will allow there. So through the advice of some other yahoo answer members, I have looked into the Belgian Malinois. They are very similar to a german shepherd however I have 2 questions::

1. Although the Belgian Malinois is not listed as an aggressive breed like the GSD at these apt complexes, could the management at the complexes still deny this breed for whatever reason??

2. Belgian Malinois owners: how would you describe the temperament of the malinois? I can read all i want in dog books and the internet, but i really want some experienced owners opinions. I know that they say the malinois is high energy...is this comparable to a husky, or weimaraner? just any advice on the breed would be great.

thanks everyone for your help...