Should the world risk a war with North Korea?

If action is taken against North Korea, it has threatened war.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia_pacific/1013...

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I honestly don't know.

North Korea has a terrible regime and in an ideal world it would be overthrown and it's people would be freed.

However I could've said the same about Iraq in 2003.

North Korea is also a major military power with the world's 4th largest armed forces and nuclear weaponry at an advanced stage of development. Even an alliance of major world powers like NATO or a UN taskforce would find it very difficult to win a war outright.

I think the effect an invasion would have internationally would have to be considered. China would have to make their position clear before a decision could be made.

I think this is a very difficult decision but it's a decision that has to be made. Peaceful solutions have been attempted and they do not seem to be having a huge effect, I don't think that will change unless China change their policy; which I think would be the ideal solution. I think the one thing that is certain is that North Korea cannot stay as it is now. A decision will only get harder as North Korea becomes more powerful.

• 10 years ago

At the end of the day all this is political 'brinkmanship' by the North Koreans to deflect the world's media attention away from the real problem in North Korea and that is mass starvation.

All the money that North Korea owns has been used to own buy and manufacture weapons ranging from nuclear to conventional.

The basic needs of the masses have taken second place.

The only country that has any real power over North Korea is China.But China will not risk a confrontation because of the Korean refugee situation into China itself.

I feel that North Korea is playing a very dangerous political game of 'brinkmanship'because China will only support it so far.

• 10 years ago

As long as China keeps its nose out, it would be a certain defeat for North Korea. How are they going to pay for a war? They have no real industry to tax, their people are mostly poor subsistence workers, and they don't really have the technology to match S. Korea, Japan, and anyone else who feels like joining in (as exampled by their inability to get a satellite into space - something most GCSE science students could probably do). Their people would also be very unwilling to go to war with S. Korea, so there would be very little public support for such actions (a lot of people in the North have family in the South, divided when the country was split into two).

Frankly, N. Korea has been threatening war for a long time, launching missiles over the Sea of Japan, threatening to go nuclear, an so on. Personally I think we've all let it go too far, and should have intervened years ago - or at least the local powers should have. This is what you get when you respond to serious threats with the odd half-hearted sanction, and the world has brought it on itself if this ends in war, in many ways.

• 10 years ago

North Korea is a military dictatorship with vast uranium resources and an army of over one million just looking for trouble. The West does not want a war but what options are open to us. Millions are starving under this countries system.Should we leave them to become a powerful nuclear regime that will invade the South ? Do we have any option ? Do they have any option other than expansion?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yes, and let them strike first, then wait a week until the whole world sees the pictures of what they've done.

Once the premise is fully in place, strike with South Korea, and SEATO taking the lead, and USA, Japan, and NATO as backup.

Make it a very heavy strike that takes North Korea back to around 1900.

Make the strike heavy enough so that it will take North Korea at least 50 years to get back to where it is now.

This means ballistic missiles, bunker busters, total decapitation, and total decapacitation.

The strike should last about 6 hours. After the strike, North Korea is a humanitarian emergency zone for about a year. Protein bars and fresh water can be dropped from helicopters like in Haiti in isolated areas far from troops.

Never waste a perfectly good crisis.

Make full use of a crisis to solve your problems.

North Korea is a stone in the shoe of the world.

That could be removed in about 6 hours, with the right ordnance, and high grade fire and steel on the right targets.

If North Korea creates a crisis that can be adequately documented with photos and Video, then the world should just take the stone out of its shoe.

The next day China and Russia can say what they will.

But there will be nothing whatsoever for them to do.

I don't think they will seek retribution for poor dear darling North Korea, which now gets to live an agrarian existence for half a century. I don't think they could keep a straight face while scolding the military forces that smithreenified North Korea. Putin or Hu would have to laugh halfway through scolding us. Our actions would be a big relief to all mankind including China and Russia.

The only man who would scold us with a straight face would be Hugo Chavez. SNL could dispose of his criticism fairly effectively, I think.

Source(s): Sun Tzu told me
  • 10 years ago

Not really. Leave them be and soon the govt. there will have starved everyone to death and it will only be them and their military left. At that time there will be no need for anyone to give them humanitarian aid as none of the ones left are human. They will then starve and it will be problem solved.

If they do make another attack on anyone else though then the UN should act. If it doesn't the US should force it to pull out of its headquarters in the states and stop paying it all the money it does so the UN employees have nothing left to steal. It is time the UN either puts up or disbands as it is proving a more useless organisation all the time.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

So what ? We could flatten North Korea in a matter of days , the country can't even afford to light the street lights at night FFS . As long as we keep China sweet there's no problem .

• kilty
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Kim has lost his marbles. He probable thinks that China would be on the component to N. Korea which will in no way take place. If conflict is the only thank you to renounce the insanity occurring in N. Korea, so be it. that is greater suitable they learn a lesson now, then to proceed allowing them to do what they like.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

This is up to North Korea. Personally I think it would be a dumb asss move on their part, but it will reduce the population of North Korea so Kim Jong will not have to feed so many.

• SLF
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

absolutely not. By 'the world' you presumably mean the US, which has a long history of attacking other countries. Usually they are weaker ones as the US doesn't like a fair fight - North Korea has an efficient military so the US might back off, let us all hope.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.