What's the best endurance bike to travel the world with?

Me & my friend are looking to travel the world on motorcycles. Lucky for us I have a business that generates residual income so we could be gone for over a year. We want to do it on motorcycles mainly because we're going to be going through deserts, jungles, cities, mountains - anywhere n everywhere we can... show more Me & my friend are looking to travel the world on motorcycles. Lucky for us I have a business that generates residual income so we could be gone for over a year.

We want to do it on motorcycles mainly because we're going to be going through deserts, jungles, cities, mountains - anywhere n everywhere we can get to.

Other than the freedom of a motorcycle, there is also the cost of running one - (which I'm assuming is cheaper than running a car).

I'm looking to find out which bike would be the best to purchase. It needs to be robust, durable and comfortable for the long road trips, but also easily maneuverable, light and agile for traveling through jungle environments, rocky hills and sandy deserts.

Basically we're after some all-singing all-dancing motorcross bike, that's more than just a crosser, but not a fully fledged cruise bike - if that makes sense?

Any help would be great, I'm not clued up on bike brands and models!

Thanks!