Core 2 Duo vs. Core i5?

Hi all, I'm after a computer at the moment, and there are two versions available. Both with the same specs, but one has a Core 2 Duo, and one has an Core i5. However, I want the computer as soon as possible, and the C2D model is readily available, but the i5 model is out of stock, and takes 15 working... show more Hi all,

I'm after a computer at the moment, and there are two versions available. Both with the same specs, but one has a Core 2 Duo, and one has an Core i5.

However, I want the computer as soon as possible, and the C2D model is readily available, but the i5 model is out of stock, and takes 15 working days to arrive.

The C2D option is as follows:

overclockable Overclockable Intel® Core™ 2 Duo SU7300 processor (1.3 GHz, max around 1.75GHz)

The Core i5 is as follows:

overclockable Intel® Core™ i5 520UM (1.066 GHz, max 1.866GHz)

"(i5: 1.066 GHz×2; 1.866 GHz×2 max turbo frequency) has significantly faster clock-speed than its predecessor's CPU, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo SU7300 processor (1.3 GHz×2)."

How so?

ALL other specs are the same, but these are different.

I can get the C2D NOW, or I can wait 15 working days and get the i5.

Is there THAT much of the difference between the two? I know people will say that I can get better options, etc, but this computer I want has those two options.

Can someone please explain the difference between the two, and HOW much different the two would be performance wise? Is it worth waiting 15 working days (and knowing Alienware, it will most likely take longer than that) for the i5 or what?

Thanks!!
Update: Yes, this is a laptop. Alienware m11x, if you're wondering.