Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

List of demon names and their rankings?

I was browsing the net a couple of days ago and found a yahoo page that directed me to a site that listed the names of demons in their ranks (e.g. Lucifer and Satan as Seraphim, Azazel as Cherubim, etc.) but I cleared my history and can't find either the site or the yahoo page.

Update:

Wikipedia used to have the things I wanted, but removed them sometime last year.

Update 2:

Guys, hate to sound like a whinger, but, I'm looking for the Christian demons, not satanic or anything like that. It is for a theology report based on Christianity, so I'm taking it pretty seriously.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

From a Judeo-Christian perspective all Demons are fallen angels, in the rebellion of Babylon(in heaven somewhere), the bible says that Lucifer convinced one third of all heavens angels to follow him into the rebellion, when he was cast to hell and described as an Angel fallen from grace, he gained the title of "The Devil" and the Angels that followed him gained the title Demons, I would assume that the Archangels that followed him were then to became the princes and crown princes of hell

List of Demons*

Abaddon

Adramelech

Ahpuch

Ahriman

Amon

Apollyn

Asmodeus

Astaroth

Azazel

Baalberith

Balaam

Baphomet

Bast

Beelzebub

Behemoth

Beherit

Bilé

Chemosh

Cimeries

Coyote

Dagon

Damballa

Demogorgon

Diabolus

Dracula

Emma‐O

Euronymous

Fenriz

Gorgo

Haborym

Hecate

Ishtar

Kali

Lilith

Loki

Mammon

Mania

Mantus

Marduk

Mastema

Melek Taus

Mephistopheles

Metztli

Mictian

Midgard

Milcom

Moloch

Mormo

Naamah

Nergal

Nihasa

Nija

O‐Yama

Pan

Pluto

Proserpine

Pwcca

Rimmon

Sabazios

Sammael

Samnu

Sedit

Sekhmet

Set

Shaitan

Shama

Shiva

Supay

T’an‐mo

Tchort

Tezcatlipoca

Thamuz

Thoth

Tunrida

Typhon

Yaotzin

Yen‐lo‐Wang

The Seven Princes of Hell,

Crown Princes,(and are not listed above)

Satan** - Lord of Fire

Lucifer** - Bringer of Light

Leviathan - The Gate Keeper of Hell

Belial(Belphegore) - Mastery of the Earth.

Princes,

Beelzebub

Astaroth

Asmodeus

Other high ranking demons** :

Azazel

Mammon

Lilith

Apollyn

(*The list is directly from the satanic bible

(**Lucifer is actually the elder brother of Satan and not the same person)

(***Other sources have suggested that these may even be princes of hell)

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 years ago

List Of Demon Names

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

List of demon names and their rankings?

I was browsing the net a couple of days ago and found a yahoo page that directed me to a site that listed the names of demons in their ranks (e.g. Lucifer and Satan as Seraphim, Azazel as Cherubim, etc.) but I cleared my history and can't find either the site or the yahoo page.

Source(s): list demon names rankings: https://shortly.im/H3vZP
  • tannie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Demon Names In The Bible

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Fallen angels are fallen angels and demons are demons. In other words, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Demons are the spirit form of the Nephalim. The Nephalim were the offspring of The Sons of God, and the Daughters of Men. The Sons of God are fallen angels, and The Daughters of Men are human women. There are references to them throughout the Old and New Testaments, but especially in Genesis and the first 5 books of the Bible. These offspring, or Nephalim, or Demons are half divine and half human spirits. God destroyed most of them in the Flood, but somehow they survived even after the Flood. They were one of the reasons FOR the Flood - an effort to wipe them off the face of the earth, as well as save Noah and his family to repopulate the earth. Why did God want them gone? Because Satan used the tactic of fallen angels mating with human women to corrupt the lineage God wanted to use to provide us with a Savior (the Messiah) whom we know as Jesus Christ. Anyway, the Nephalim, or demons were destroyed bodily in the Flood, but they had spirits which crave a body. They do not fly around. They walk the earth looking for bodies. That is why it is important to become a Christian. When the Holy Spirit owns your body and spirit and soul, a demon cannot occupy you. He may harass you, but he can t own you. There is a list of the main fallen angels who mated with women in the Book of Enoch. This is not an inspired book and is not in the Bible. But it is quoted in the New Testament, and hold valuable information.

• C5 years agoReport

Actually the spelling is Nephilim. But the rest is correct.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/bSuZp

Not sure but. Lucifer,satan,behemoth and a few more are quite important in hell there is different kind of demons they all have different type action on hell they each govern something different.

• 6 years ago

Humbaba

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How can you rank something that is always struggling to be the boss of all? you cannot rank them because all they want is power and ability to oppress. thats why they fail because they cannot control their lusts. you cannot rank this. they ultimately consume themselves because they are really powerless. see?

ranks and power over is an illusion and does not exist. it s a consuming trap and the fires of hell.

• Enavonci6 years agoReport

Humans don't have a history that's very successful either. They are very prone to lack control over their lusts, among other things. Don't let the disdain and hate of an ideology misguide you into feeling as if you're not at the mercy of your own self, and your circumstances.

• Marusu
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i believe you should look for The Satanic Bible they have a list of them in there.. i read into occults and the paranormal and i remember there was a list in it somewhere. i think you can download the The Satanic Bible its in pdf format .. but i cant remember the link but if you google enough i'm sure something will come up.

if you cant download the pdf for free look on torrent sites.

good luck

• 1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.