Palindromic asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Odd question a friend posed to me...?

This one is short & sweet, but really got me to wondering.

Since a baseball is wrapped in cowhide, are vegans allowed to play baseball?

Update:

Serious question, by the way. I think the answer is 'no', but I honestly don't know as I don't run with that crowd.

Update 2:

I think "allowed" was the wrong word. My bad. I guess I meant to ask would a vegan do so in good conscience.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

they're* soul. Don't throw stones if you're living in a glass house. :)

• 1 decade ago

It depends on the individual I would say. If it was a big enough deal i'm sure it could be brought to the attention of the league the player played in and a synthetic ball could be used.

I don't think it would even be possible realistically for a vegan to make MLB (due to vitamins, need of protein for training ,etc) so that would never be an issue. If it was the MLB would probably say, we're not changing the ball you have to deal with it or drop out.

I have quite a few vegetarian friends and the odd vegan one, its hard to say but most would probably play with it.

• mm117
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

they are allowed to do anything they want. but even vegans cant avoid it all. im sure they eat jello. guess what? jello has cow bones in it.

dont believe me? look it up

• 1 decade ago

Lmao... No they cant because only true men play sports

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

They aint eatin it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.