Young parents VS older parents....?

ok so there are a lot of stereo types of teen mothers and they often get looked down upon. however, i had my son at 18 and i think i do just as good as the average parent of any age. he has a stable home, im married, i graduated, i work 30+ hrs a week making good money, i don't smoke or drink, i don't... show more ok so there are a lot of stereo types of teen mothers and they often get looked down upon. however, i had my son at 18 and i think i do just as good as the average parent of any age. he has a stable home, im married, i graduated, i work 30+ hrs a week making good money, i don't smoke or drink, i don't party, i don't like leaving him with babysitters. (my mom babysits only when my husband and i both work and our schedules overlap), i love spending time with him and he has everything he needs.

ok so where i work i see parents/families of all kinds and i don't understand what people are thinking when i see women in there late 30's or even early 40's with babies/small children. these children are more likely to be born with problems such as downs syndrome because of their mothers age. kids like to be active and it is harder to be as physically active when you are in your 40, 50, and 60's than say your 20's. there for its harder to go out and play sports with your 12 yr old boy if your older. if you start having a family at say 37 you will be 55 when your first child will graduate high school. you may not live to see your grandchildren grow up and definitely wont see your great grandchildren..

what are your thoughts on this? i feel it is not fair that young parents get stereo typed as "bad" parents when older parents can give their children health problems and cant be as active with them and wont be around as long to see them grow older....
Update: rick: not cry or wining.. just soemthing i was thinking about and realized. just wondering if other people thought about it that way and what age group would be considered bedt to have children..
Update 2: i respect everyones decision on when to have children and whats best for their life. im not trying to be judgemental against older parents. i have just noticed that people tend to single out young parents and think badly of them, however their can be problems with kids born to parents of any age
Update 3: snarkasaurus: thanks for saying that i am an exception to the normal young parent. i do have bills to pay and a have credit cards but no debt with them. i am educated and my son is actually advanced for his age. i work with him and teach him things instead of sitting him in front of a tv like others do. and for my... show more snarkasaurus: thanks for saying that i am an exception to the normal young parent. i do have bills to pay and a have credit cards but no debt with them. i am educated and my son is actually advanced for his age. i work with him and teach him things instead of sitting him in front of a tv like others do. and for my family i had my great great parents around. one set passed away when i was 6 and the other set when i was 14. my grandma is 60 yrs old. she has 10 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. my other grandma is 70 with 17 g/c and 2 g/g/c. so i guess it is the norm. for my family.