How to create a custom sign up form for website?
We would like to create a custom sign up page for our website. We are able to create a rule with our contact management system that will automatically place fields from the contact sheet into our database however we need to create a custom sign up form that has all of the fields we need for our contact management system. Is there a way to create a custom sign up page with our unique fields that will automatically email me the information when someone signs up?
I ended up using a www.ConstantContact.com account. Through this site I'm easily able to create a custom registration form that is editable and the contact info entered is sent to me via email. Thank you very much for everyones help.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
That's like asking how to create an oil portrait. Instructions here won't be enough. you have to write the code for the form and for handling the data that the form provides. It's called computer programming, and you have to learn it (there are no shortcuts). You can find scripts to do it, but they have to be tailored to *your* form and *your* data and *your* database. Which means that you ave to be able to read code that someone else wrote and modify it. Which means a knowledge of programming AND experience.
Which is why people hire web developers.
Is it possible to make a system like that? I wrote two of them last week, so of course it is.
- 1 decade ago
You can try php form software http://phpforms.net/tutorial/html-basics/php-forms...
to get what you need. It allows:
* Create, edit, delete all kinds of forms
* Manage members (add new members, assign members to forms, edit/delete members, etc.)
* Manage users (add new users, assign users to forms, edit/delete users, etc.)
* Give members the access to their personal member area where they can browse / edit / search / sort / delete their form submissions.
* Give users the access to their personal member area where they can browse / search / sort / delete form submissions.
* Unlimited size of forms, unlimited number of fields represented in a wide range of field types and customized layout, easily integrated into any part of the website.
* Members and users can export form submissions to CSV / SQL / external database
* Members can add new and edit existing form fields
* Get code function is available for all users
* Create e-mail templates
* Send newsletters to members
* Database backup option
* Allows new members registration
* Advanced spam protection and enhanced security of the database: CAPTCHA to filter spammers, the possibility to block unwanted IP addresses and change admin details.
- 1 decade ago
I found this tutorial series rather useful when making the sign up page for my site:
You can then write a code inside the php tags like this to your email:
$to = "youremailaddress";
$from = "firstname.lastname@example.org";
$subject = "New Info!";
$message = "Hello Your Name Here,
You just received new contact info from $firstname $lastname
E-mail Address: $email
$headers = "From: $from\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text\r\n";
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);Source(s): Develop PHP