Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

12 year old getting nose pierced?

I am 12, and I want to get my nose pierced this summer before school starts.

to me its not a big deal. because I see it as being the same as getting your ears pierced.

there both body parts! but some people think its to young,

yet there is babies who have there ears pierced?

so do you guys think it is ok for a 12 year old to get there nose pierced?

Hellz yes, just do it. I got mine done when I was thirteen which isn't that much older and my bff has had hers pierced since she was 11. If you really want it just go for it and it doesn't matter what other people think. If it feels right, do it and enjoy it because nose piercing are supa cute ;)

I'm sorry I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but honestly I feel like a 12 year old with a nose piercing looks really trashy.

I saw this girl today at the mall who was around 11 or 12 with a stud in her nose and all my friends could say were "God she looks like a prostitot" (young form of a prostitute or trashy child) and some of them even have their noses done and we're 18

It's not that it wouldn't look good on you, it just wouldn't look tasteful.

You are FAR too young. I don't even think a good and decent piercing shop would even pierce you. You aren't even a teenager yet. You should wait till you are atleast 15 before getting it done.

I'm not trying to be mean, but piercings on girls your age are seen as really trashy. People wonder why a girl so young has something like that.

I'm all for piercings and have quite a few myself, but I'm also 20. Your time will come.

im 12 turning 13 and i wanted to get my nose pierced an my parents said it was ok but i decided to wait because it kinda looks trashy an i think i can wait a couple more years. i think u should do the same cuz i dont think u want to look trashy!

YES, it is ok as long as you have parental consent and i agree with you about the babies getting their ears pierced thing (I got my ears pierced when i was 10) BUT! In india girls get their noses pierced at as early as 5 it just depends on your traditions and culture so yeah..there is no right or wrong just your opinon

No its not ok.

Your definitely too young.

I got my nose pierced this year and im 15.

Maybe you should wait till your that old.

Probably no one will pierce your nose for you since your that young anyways.

Um, no way. Getting your ears pierced and your nose pierced are completely different things. Babies get their ears pierced so they don't have to go through the trouble and pain of having to do it when their older.

If I had a 12 year old, I'd probably let them get their nose pierced. Maybe. I'd be afraid it might make them look "trashy" but if they wanted to, I'd probably let them.

I myself have eight piercings, and want more, so I'm cool with piercings and don't have a problem with them, but I can understand people who think 12 is just too young.

As long as you understand the responsibility you're undertaking, and take good care of it, tho I still think its a little too young. I was 14 when I got mine.

No I don't think your to young.

When I was 12 there were some kids my age in school with nose piercings, lip piercings, and there was some guy with an eyebrow piercing.

So no, your not too young to get one.

Shell look back at it in 10 years and feel like a complete stupidhead