Tips on how to stop 6 month old puppy from barking/howling when I leave?

My 6 month old pug/chihuahua/pom. cross has gotten into the bad habit of becoming very vocal when she's not pleased with something. I don't usually mind her barking when she needs to go out or when it's close to feeding time, but when she starts barking and howling when I need to leave her for a few... show more My 6 month old pug/chihuahua/pom. cross has gotten into the bad habit of becoming very vocal when she's not pleased with something. I don't usually mind her barking when she needs to go out or when it's close to feeding time, but when she starts barking and howling when I need to leave her for a few seconds, it gets to be a bit too much.

Like when she's in the car with me, and I quickly need to run into the bank to grab money from the ATM or quickly need to run into the gas station to pay for gas, it's a bit embarrassing when she acts like it's the end of the world and people look at me like I'm a terrible pet owner (I never leave her in the car for long periods of time, and I always have the windows slightly open when she's in the car). Or when I need to go feed the cats in the barn, I'll briefly tie her up outside of the barn while I run in and pour the cats' food, and she starts barking. She never pulls on the leash or anything, just sits there barking and howling until I come back out.

She's kennel trained and never barks when in her kennel unless it's early morning and she needs to go out. I also can go into different rooms in the house and close the door so she can't follow, and she seems fine with that. So I don't think she's scared of being alone or abandoned. Plus she never use to be this vocal before, it only started happening just over a month ago.

Is there a way I can train her to not be so vocal when I leave her for just a few minutes?
Update: No, I do not take her everywhere with me. I only take her in the car when I'm taking her to see my boyfriend's dog, or if there is going to be no one at home all day.
She gets plenty of "dog time" at home when she plays outside with my other dogs, or when she plays inside with her toys.