Is it illegal to buy AR-15 magazine in Victoria?

Hi I'm from Victoria. I recently bought a Remington 7516 which take AR-15 magazines. I know that legal magazine capacity limit for a rifle is 10 and the rifle came with one. But I saw one guy selling a AR-15 magazine that stores 30 rounds and he says I don't need any license in VIC or SA to own... show more Hi

I'm from Victoria. I recently bought a Remington 7516 which take AR-15 magazines.

I know that legal magazine capacity limit for a rifle is 10 and the rifle came with one.

But I saw one guy selling a AR-15 magazine that stores 30 rounds and he says I don't need any license in VIC or SA to own one. (BUT NOT TO USE ON A GUN. I KNOW THAT AND I WON"T. I just want the satisfaction of owning them together)

Just wondering if you know if it's legal to own one of these without any license in Victoria?

Thanks