Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 10 years ago

Is it illegal to buy AR-15 magazine in Victoria?

Hi

I'm from Victoria. I recently bought a Remington 7516 which take AR-15 magazines.

I know that legal magazine capacity limit for a rifle is 10 and the rifle came with one.

But I saw one guy selling a AR-15 magazine that stores 30 rounds and he says I don't need any license in VIC or SA to own one. (BUT NOT TO USE ON A GUN. I KNOW THAT AND I WON"T. I just want the satisfaction of owning them together)

Just wondering if you know if it's legal to own one of these without any license in Victoria?

Thanks

• Joshua

I am pretty sure that if as long as its a bolt action you are okay. It would be best to ask your local police department. Im in the US but I know some Aussie gun owners.

BTW, Victoria is in Australia.

• boser

Ar Magazine

No! You can't legally buy or own a rifle magazine that holds more than 10 rounds in any State in Australia. If you get caught with it, you're in deep "do-do" and will lose your rifle. You will also have a criminal record attached to your name forever. A good name is worth far more than all the silver and gold found in the world. There is absolutely no reason to have an AR-15 magazine in your possession. Keep your good name and no-one can stand against you.

Source(s): 40 yrs as a shooter, 25 yrs as a gunsmith in Qld
  • Mr.357

I am not sure about in Canada, but it the US, many gun parts are legal, like full auto parts, if you don't own a firearm that they would work in. I am guessing that it might be the same in Canada. Edit: Sorry, I was thinking about Victoria BC. I am not any more familiar with AU laws than CA laws.

in case you will discover them..NEW surplus 20 around USGI green follower units are as stable as any. Lot's of USED USGI is provided... and can have undesirable springs, feed lip subjects or dented bodies. Civilian spec...P Mags are ok. I save 3 stable Pmags... and own a bag crammed with stable USGI 20 rounder for plinking and prevalent accountability artwork.

Victoria as in Canada? Or as in Aulstralia? I thought the legal limit was 5 is canada and semi-auto's are illegal in Aulstralia. Period.