Is facebook down today? 31.08.10?

I have tried accessing facebook today and can't get on! Is anyone else having problems!?

It's down for most people. See http://downrightnow.com/facebook for Facebook status updates. Hopefully it will be back up again soon.

Yeah Facebook is all over the place today.....sometimes I can get on it and sometimes I can't.There must be problem with the website.My internet connection is fine and have been on YouTube and other websites but Facebook must be having problems at the moment.It keeps saying that "Internet Explorer cannot display this website" so I think that there is just problems with Facebook.I'd say it will be okay later or in a day or two. 31-08-10.

I'm in the UK and it's fine for me...but my chat is a bit fuzzy.

I think they're doing a sever update of some sort but they do it a database (where our profiles are stored in the main server) at a time. I was locked out of facebook a few weeks ago so I think it's just routine.

Facebook should let you back on within 24 hours.

Don't worry mine isn't working at the moment, they are probably just updating the whole site, or doing different batches of it :) It usually doesn't take too long, try again later on x

P.S This is possibly only happening in the UK from what I've been told. It's just a waiting game I'm afraid! :P

• Jen☂

Yeah facebook has been crazy today, especially here in the UK. There have been loads of questions asked about it on here, don't worry. It'll come back in a few hours!

Nope I cannot get in at all. I can log in from my phone though which is strange. I keep getting 'Internet Explorer cannot display the page'. I'm sure at some point it will come back online, just not sure when!

We'll all have to find something else to keep us occupied until it comes back online!!

was able to access this morning and then it was down some hours. And Just now i am able to connect and log in again.

I got on this morning, but have tried loads of times in the last couple of hours and cant get on!

Have you tried using firefox as your searching browser?

Its seemed to be working fine with that. And im in the UK

I dont think so; cause i was just on... but i did notice something weird on my wall. It showed like old wall updates, from like 2 weeks ago. But then i refreshed the page, and new wall updates were there. So im not sure, im not having any problems. :)