Can a landlord enter your home by posting a notice on your door 24 hours in advance?

I didn't not receive this "so called notice" but my landlord said that they posted it on my door (some jerk probally took it of im in an apartment) they entered my home when i was sleeping and woke my baby up who was up all night teething and when i said wtf? and tried to get them to leave they said... show more I didn't not receive this "so called notice" but my landlord said that they posted it on my door (some jerk probally took it of im in an apartment) they entered my home when i was sleeping and woke my baby up who was up all night teething and when i said wtf? and tried to get them to leave they said no we have a right to be here and we gave you notice, when i had explained to them i never recived this notice they said to bad.... can i fight them on this in anyway?
Update: sorry i didnt add more detail. they said the notice said between 9 am and 5 pm they showed up at 11 30 am. Im in Alberta Canada and it was aparently for a safety inspection.. but how are they aloud to just show up between a time like that.. i was just putting my little girl down for a nap and they woke her up! (a... show more sorry i didnt add more detail. they said the notice said between 9 am and 5 pm they showed up at 11 30 am. Im in Alberta Canada and it was aparently for a safety inspection.. but how are they aloud to just show up between a time like that.. i was just putting my little girl down for a nap and they woke her up! (a very important one because i was starting her on solids today and i have a set schedual for it)