DEB asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

How to prepare for Varsity basketball try outs.?

How should I prepare for the Varsity basketball try outs? I'm a senior and its my first year. I know it will be hard because I haven't played in some time, and I don't expect to just get a scholarship. But i'm not giving up, i'm just looking for word of advice.

Practice as much as you can. At least 2 hours every day will do the trick. It's crunch time now in the next few months before the season starts, so get as much as you can get done now before you start conditioning with your team. It will be to your advantage when you show up in shape and ready to work (so eat healthy and do some weight lifting and gym work) because there is a possibility there will be a couple kids also trying out who are not in the best shape they can be so you will shine more than them. There will also be kids who ARE in the best shape they can be obviously so that's another reason you gotta work hard to compete with them. I suggest 2 hours of working out everyday: 45 minutes in the weight room, and 1 hr 15 minutes or more on the court, getting shots up. Also, make buddies with the other basketball kids, and be friendly with the coaches. It wouldn't hurt to be friends with the girl basketball coaches and girl players, because it will make a difference. You never know who will put in a good word for you..

Source(s): Please check out this blog if ya love basketball thanks boy! http://hoopsaremything.blogspot.com/

play pick up games or do drills try to find your sweet spot

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, eat right, exercise, practice, watch games on tv, search google for tips, ENJOY IT !!!!!