She sold my stuff and is keeping the money for it.. what can I do?

I was recently living with my mother and father and I moved out, I told them I was leaving my computer monitor and dvds etc etc that was to dangerous to move, and that I would either arrange them to be sent down to me or get them to sell it for me and give me the profits. Cause I was strapped for cash. My mother... show more I was recently living with my mother and father and I moved out, I told them I was leaving my computer monitor and dvds etc etc that was to dangerous to move, and that I would either arrange them to be sent down to me or get them to sell it for me and give me the profits. Cause I was strapped for cash.

My mother rang me today and told me she had sold everything that I had left behind (some of which is my girlfriends) and that she is keeping the profits for herself and she thinks she does not own me a penny.

But months prior my girlfriend damaged there car and they have arranged a verbal payment plan so she can pay it back once she is working, they werent fussed with it cause it was a crap car.. but we are both currently not working and we need the money to support ourselves for it until one of us starts working, hopefully very soon.
So she is keeping the profits. Is this fair? What can I do about this?

I am living in Australia.

Please, some one help.
Many thanks.