kari t
kari t asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How do I exercise without hurting myself? (hypermobility)?

Ok. Background. I'm 27/F from Ohio. I have hypoparathyroidism, hypothyroidism (thyroid was removed) asthma, and neuropathy. I'd prefer not to post my weight, but it's over 200lbs. I'll share that much. I have double jointed knees, shoulders, and pelvis. However, one hip also has arthritis and I'm being treated by an osteopath. I've tried chiropractic, PT, seeing my doc, meds, and most stuff I can think of. the osteopath has fixed a LOT of my neck problems.

Lately, she's just been putting me back together. In the past 2 months, I've popped my shoulder out reaching for something, popped out my pubis bone, my sacral illaic joint, and strained my right hip. I've basically had most of my pelvis shift a few millimetres out of place ALL THE TIME.

I need to exercise and drop weight.. How? I can't figure it out. I was told walking was a bad plan. I nocked my joint back out today getting out of bed. Swimming was encouraged, but nothing else. I don't have daily access to a pool. What else can I do that won't nock something out. I can't sit down on the floor and lean forward without screwing something up. I need to drop weight and gain muscle to stabilize the joints. Any ideas? Please.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to better loose weight when taking synthroid, that'd be so cool!

• izzy

Many people with HMS have benefited from Yoga, Pilates and swimming. The main problem with groups or activities of this nature for people who are hypermobile is that in most cases, the person running the class or teaching has little or no medical training.

The most appropriate person to advise you on an exercise program is a physiotherapist who has knowledge of this condition. Even better if you can exercise regularly under supervision with a group. Group classes provide support and motivation.

Was to burn calories...

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

http://www.weightlossforall.com/burn-200-calories....

There aren't too many you can do, but it might give you some ideas

I was a aggressive swimmer. I've discovered that should you do an excessive exercise sooner or later, 2 days later your entire frame will discomfort. So for the reason that you may have not ever labored out earlier than, handiest do it 2 instances per week so your frame can get used to the stress. Then maintain on including an afternoon, whilst you consider your frame can manage the affliction. I would not hit up the health club gear simply but, you have to acquire a bit of of muscle, swimming will without doubt aid you do this.

Neuropathy has some annoying indicators like numbness or tingling, specially in the feets and hands. There are lots of numerous types of neuropathy but with this specific program Neuropathy Solution from here https://tr.im/X0qfW you can handle all of the outward indications of neuropathy disease.

Neuropathy Solution can support patients of neuropathy to remove most of the outward indications of this problem including : tingling, prickling experience , numbness of the region around the affected nerves, sudden pains , sharp as well as burning experience in the nerves.

Dr. Randall Labrum, mcdougal of this excellent information feels you will remove all the outward indications of neuropathy and eliminate this harmful disease permanently.

Healthy eating is especially important to ensure that you get essential vitamins and minerals. Emphasize low-fat meats and dairy products and include lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your diet.