My friend is acting really weird. 10 pts to anyone who gives some sensible advice!?

Hello everyone, My best friend has been acting weird now. It is now the exam period and everyone is stressed out and she is too but we were still okay. At 8pm one night, she sent me this sms saying that I am her best friend and all that(one of those forward messages), then at 12 mn, she suddenly smsed me again... show more Hello everyone,

My best friend has been acting weird now. It is now the exam period and everyone is stressed out and she is too but we were still okay. At 8pm one night, she sent me this sms saying that I am her best friend and all that(one of those forward messages), then at 12 mn, she suddenly smsed me again and says that she needs to be alone and that it has nothing to do with me. She also says that she has no idea how long she will take. Then, next day in school, she won't answer my calls or reply to smses and when I finally found her, she refuse to do anything more than nod or shake her head and speak a word or two really softly. She avoids me and stuff like that.

It makes me both angry and worried and I feel bad for feeling angry at her. Can't she tell that her mood will be affecting mine and that her current behavior might affect my exam grades? I know that friendships are more important than grades and stuff like that but I'll admit that I am selfish like that and can't help but feel that she is selfish too. Why must she do this when everyone is most stressed? What should I do??? Leave her alone? Pester her? What????

We also planned a party right after exams and I am not sure whether to cancel the party or what. She still says that she is up for it but she doesn't look like she is up for it. I don't know what to do now???? I still have to study for exams and everything!!!!! I know it s really selfish of me to want to party but I feel so torn. I want my party and I want her friendship and her to be happy. Just what the heck is going on?????

Someone help!!!!
Update: Thanks everyone who answered so far. 10 answers in less than half an hour is amazing. I almost cried reading your answers, thank you all. Reagarding one of the answers, she doesn't hang out with her other friends, she just disappears and according to her classmates, she doesn't talk at all, kind of a loner.... show more Thanks everyone who answered so far. 10 answers in less than half an hour is amazing. I almost cried reading your answers, thank you all. Reagarding one of the answers, she doesn't hang out with her other friends, she just disappears and according to her classmates, she doesn't talk at all, kind of a loner. I just did something stupid, I smsed her some random gibberish: "going crazy, I don't know anymore". I know... it's stupid but I feel like I am going to die or something....
Update 2: To sherry: I am the one who is getting near perfect GPA, she is failing. I spend dunno how many hours herping her pull her grades up and still manage to juggle everything else. Please don't say stuff like her parents told her to stay away from me as I know for a fact that she comes from a probamatic family... show more To sherry:

I am the one who is getting near perfect GPA, she is failing. I spend dunno how many hours herping her pull her grades up and still manage to juggle everything else. Please don't say stuff like her parents told her to stay away from me as I know for a fact that she comes from a probamatic family and never talks to her parents. But thanks anyway.