Questions about IV sedation for an MRI?

I went into the doctors office monday-was given 15 mg of Valium for my MRI. 45 minutes after I took the medication i felt nothing if not more anxious. I tried to suck it up and take the test but i all but clawed my way out of the machine. I have been rescheduled next week for IV sedation with my MRI and naturally I... show more I went into the doctors office monday-was given 15 mg of Valium for my MRI. 45 minutes after I took the medication i felt nothing if not more anxious. I tried to suck it up and take the test but i all but clawed my way out of the machine. I have been rescheduled next week for IV sedation with my MRI and naturally I am nervous. If someone could please explain IN DETAIL what they are going to do to me before the test, during the drug (what drugs?) is administered, during the test, and how i will feel when i wake up i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you guys-I could really use the peace of mind!
Update: also, do they give you something in your IV before they put you to sleep to help you relax?
1 answer 1