Spiritually Speaking: Do you associate colours with certain things like times of the day, places, weather?

or feelings? Like I associate the state of Virginia with colour orange so I hate thinking about Virginia. I'm sure it's a lovely place I just don't like thinking about it. I associate late afternoons with the colour yellow so I don't like them, but I associate mornings and early afternoon with blues so I feel more comfortable during them. Sometimes it's even just random things like all the states starting with the letter I are a muddy orange in my mind and the number two is red, so is any A at the beginning of a word that makes a short a sound.

Do any of you do something like this? If so do you think it could have any spiritual significance or any kind of significance at all?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favourite answer

Times of day

Yellow --- morning

Black - nighttime

Places:

Hawaii - blue

New York City - gray

Weather

Rainy weather - oatmeal gray

Sunny - Bright light yellow

Stormy weather - black with white streaks

• Frizby
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Its funny but its true..

I associate white with the number 1 and red with 2 and orange or yellow with 3 and brown with 4 and green with 6 and purple with 7 and blue with 8 and black with 9..

White or blue can also be 5 for some reason..

• 10 years ago

Absolutely, I am a very visual person. The epitome of natural beauty that makes me really appreciate being alive is the color of the Sacred Lotus. The hue of pink just stirs up positive emotion in me. There is a lot more that other colors on certain objects does to me, but it would take way too long to type and I don't feel like submitting anyone to my ramblings.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

When ever I've suffered memory loss, passed out for any given reason, or just plain don't remember things, I associate the missing time with a color. For example, when I got my wisdom teeth removed, all I see from the time I was put under was the color forest green.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Yes, I do too for numbers and letters. A is orange, B is yellow, C is black...

Could be a minor form of synesthesia.

• 10 years ago

Yes....I know what you mean. I do the same thing with songs and words too.

• ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

This is called color synesthesia

• 10 years ago

spiritually speaking yes. there is people like that ...believe it or not....

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

it reminds me of synesthesia

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i think its self to think that

not spirit

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.