How do TV schedules deal with leap seconds? Are there extra commercials when it happens? The opposite?

I've been pondering about this for a while. Sometimes I believe Family Guy comes at 12:00 AM PT on my digital clock and sometimes 12:00 AM PT on my computer clock. The digital clock and computer are NEVER in the same minute at the same time. Both are 1 minute apart so when my digital clock says 12:00 AM PT and... show more I've been pondering about this for a while. Sometimes I believe Family Guy comes at 12:00 AM PT on my digital clock and sometimes 12:00 AM PT on my computer clock. The digital clock and computer are NEVER in the same minute at the same time. Both are 1 minute apart so when my digital clock says 12:00 AM PT and my watch which are both synchronized while the computer clock is now synchronized to the time server for a better experience with Starry Night Pro 6 that I obtained in June, the computer clock says 11:59 PM PT. When my computer clock says 12:00 AM PT, the digital clock and watch both respectively say 12:01 AM PT. Last night Family Guy came on at 12:01 AM PT on my digital clock and watch and 12:00 AM PT on my computer clock but it may have been slightly different those other nights except for they either add leap seconds at the end of June or December at 4:00 PM PT or 5:00 PM PT, not before midnight as that's the start of the UT day and they're all added simultaneously all over the globe.

For my second question, it asks "What about the opposite?" This has never happened but it's time to start thinking about so that they always keep the same shows you watch at the same clock time every day or week. It's the opposite of adding a leap second like instead of going from 3:59:59 PM PT to 3:59:60 PM PT to 4:00:00 PM PT, it goes from 3:59:58 PM PT to 4:00:00 PM PT instead. The normal sequence of time flow every day goes usually from 3:59:58 PM PT to 3:59:59 PM PT to 4:00:00 PM PT but when a positive or negative leap second is being added, that is NOT always the case.
1 answer 1