Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 9 years ago

How do I burn/convert avi file to burn onto a DVD disc?

I download tv/movies from frostwire(mostly avi files some mp4 for iphone), and getting a new laptop w/ 8x Dvd +/-dbl layer. What i want to know is..

1. Is the 8x double layer the only way to burn a file onto a dvd disc so it can play on a dvd/xbox?

2. Do i need extra software to convert the avi file to another file that can be written onto a dvd disc.or will the RoxioCreator software that comes with a Dell be fine?

3. What disc are used to be written on, DVD dual layer/double etc.?

4. What format is written onto the Dvd Disc, avi to ??? etc?

Hope thats enough info. the computer specs shouldn't matter just the dvd optical drive specs(8x dvd/cd +/-).

Adam horrible answer, theres no details in it, id also prefer details to whatever software is recommended to me, but thanks anyways

Standard DVD players read the .Vob format, the files you have now are in AVI format..

I would recommend you download ConvertXtoDVD. Ive been using it, it works just great.

It will automatically convert to DVD format, readable by all standard dvd players, it will then burn automatically to DVD...

it is easy to use, fast and it works perfect for me.. give it a try, you'll love it

1. Download ConvertXtoDVD here:

http://burner-software.com/convertxtodvd/home

It can convert any video file.. like wmv, mkv, mp4, avi to dvd

2. Add or drag-n-drop as many video files as the DVD can handle

3. Insert blank DVD

4. Click "Convert"

5. Enjoy watching those video files on your home DVD player! =)

It has many other nice features too, for example;

you can create your own DVD menu, and add subtitles

1

Source(s): Get Better in Chinese Language http://enle.info/LearnChinese

First off:

All DVD players will play DVD - R it's the standard next is 4.3gb or 8.6gb disc's. take your chose.

I always burn my disc at a lower speed (8 or 6 speed)to reduce the chance of creating a dude.

I use a free program called Format Factory: this program is rated 9/10

Format Factory is a free, fully-featured, converter that enables you to convert audio, video, and even images, between the most popular formats. These include WMV, AVI, MPG, MP3, WMA, AAC, JPG, PNG, GIF, and many more. Better still, Format Factory supports media formats used by most major portable devices, including PSP and iPhone.

Format Factory is very easy to use, although it does have rather an unintuitive interface. The file browser doesn't appear until you select the target format, which is a bit weird but as long as you know this first it's no problem. You can select individual files to convert, or complete folders, and also tweak some basic conversion settings.

Format Factory isn't particularly original but what makes it really useful is that it handles images as well as audio and video. Most converters like this only handle audio and video, and adding images to the mix gives it an edge, especially considering it's free. I also like the Audio Joiner in Format Factory, which allows you to take two separate clips, join them together and then convert them. It would have been nice to have had preset profiles for mobile conversions but you can't have it all in a free app sometimes.

Format Factory is an excellent conversion tool for anyone that converts between video, audio and images on a regular basis.

Languages:

English, Chinese Simp, Chinese Trad, Russian

Format Factory supports the following formats:

Audio: MP3, OGG, WMA, M4A and WAV.

Image: JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF and ICO

Video: MP4, AVI, 3GP, MPG and FLV

You created a dvd

Too many questions, it's not that complicated.

1. DVD-R disc is recommended. It will be compatible with most DVD players. It's single layer.

2. If you have Roxio, apparently you will need no extra software. However, make sure this tool will support AVI files.

3. Roxio is a DVD authoring tool which means you can write the AVI files to DVD disc directly without bothering the format. For detailed guide, you should really check on their website.

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Personally, I am using a tool called DVD Creator which lets me burn AVI and all other kinds of videos to DVD easily. Any format you want, it can burn to DVDs. Supports Single and Dual Layer Disc. Easy to use and professional. It lets you burn multiple AVI movies on one DVD disc. And it's fast.Once you've burnt the DVD, you can watch it on DVD player through TV.

You may give it a try. Check out the step by step guide at:

http://www.dvd-creator-converter.com/tutorials/con...

• Lilly

Most dvd players only recognize standard video dvd(the right dvd format) well, so if you want to play the burned DVD in your dvd player, you need to use a right software to convert and burn your avi files onto a standard video DVD that can be played well on DVD players, you can follow me to use RZ DVD Creator, it can convert any movie files to standard video dvd and burn to any dvd disc(DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, etc), such as convert your avi movie file to standard video DVD and burn onto dvd disc, easy to use, insert a dvd disc into your dvd burner drive, run RZ DVD Creator, select the dvd burner drive as target folder, then drag or drop your avi movie file into the software, press the "START " botton, you well get a right standard video dvd from your avi movie file, and the burned standard video dvd can be played well in dvd player. You can yahoo or google search and download RZ DVD Creator, hope it could help you.

First, you should note, most regular dvd players only recognize video dvd format well which should include VOB, IFO and BUP files, so if you want to play the burned dvd on any dvd players, you have to burn a standard video dvd, for your problems:

1. No, all standard dvd burner drive and writable dvd disc are right, such as both single layer 4.7gb writable dvd disc and double layer 8.4gb writable dvd disc are right for video dvd burner.

2. Yes, you need an extra good software to help you to convert the avi files to video dvd format then write/burn onto a dvd disc. RoxioCreator isn't good at this work.

3. All standard writable dvd discs are right, such as, dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw, dvd-r dl, dvd+r dl, etc.

4. You should convert avi or mp4 to video dvd format which should include VOB, IFO and BUP files.

If you don't know how to do that easily, you can follow me to use RZ DVD Creator, it can convert any formats video files to video dvd format and burn to any dvd disc(DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL,etc), such as convert any avi or mp4 files to video dvd format and burn onto any DVD disc, easy to use, insert dvd disc into your laptop dvd burn drive, run RZ DVD Creator, select the burner drive as the target folder, drag and drop the avi or mp4 files into the software, then press the START button, you will get a right video dvd, and you can play the burned video DVD well on your dvd players and xbox, you can yahoo or google search RZ DVD Creator and download it, easy to use, hope these infos can help you.

if you have win7. you don't need other burn software, for the win7 has installed it. if you are XP or MAC or other, you have to use a burner softare, Roxio is good, although I always use Leawo .

the format, some avi can be watched directly in DVD player. you can convert the video to mpeg-2, VOB, AVI etc.

To answer one of your questions, you can burn a video file onto a DVD using a free program called DVD Flick:

http://www.dvdflick.net/

You may take a look at this step by step guide, it's regarding how to convert and burn AVI video to DVD. I followed it and successfully burned DVD to play on my home DVD player, it's easy to understand, I think it deserves a try.

http://www.best-dvd-burning-software.com/how-to-bu...

Glad to help you. Contact me if you need further help or use http://www.google.com to search for more tips.

So..

A good burning program I recommend is Ashampoo Download it for free here http://j.mp/1lAUZWZ

You should definitly try it

I hope it helps