I have wanted a horse for years now, but my parents are not sold. What can i do to convince them?

I am 15 and have wanted a horse for many years. There is a stable that boards horses fairly close, and I have spent the last 2 or 3 summers there volunteering (if you volunteer enough you get a free lesson or trail ride! However it is not a long lesson and I always find myself longing for more time). I love being... show more I am 15 and have wanted a horse for many years. There is a stable that boards horses fairly close, and I have spent the last 2 or 3 summers there volunteering (if you volunteer enough you get a free lesson or trail ride! However it is not a long lesson and I always find myself longing for more time). I love being around horses and plan to go to college at ISU to become a veterinarian, we have one dog and two cats currently, but they are not the same as a horse. My parents have considered leasing one from other owners, but usually the horses are already being leased. Normally, my homework is done with enough time that i would be able to go to the stables to ride, if i had a horse. i have straight A's in all my classes also, and it is not difficult for me to keep them there. My parents and brother like horses, my dad grew up with a few(my brother would rather be on Call of Duty). What can I do to convince them to let me have a horse? Should I even try? Also if they change their minds on letting me have one, what is a good breed?(I like Warmbloods but am open for suggestions)
Update: Vegas I already tried that, it got me no where! *wink* *wink*
Update 2: I have cleaned many stalls in my time volunteering, I also cleaned the indoor arena and almost anywhere else there is to clean in a barn. I believe I am almost immune to the various smells.
Update 3: Dawnbreak, I am sorry for what ever led you to not like horses, you won't know how amazing the feeling of riding one is, riding this huge, totally competent living thing that could go wherever it wants, but still obeys you (most of the time) when you give it directions.
Update 4: Something my parents do that deters me from talking to them about it is that when I do try to talk to them, they act like I'm not serious, they also will joke about it till I am nearly in tears. It makes me really,I dont know, but during my riding lessons my mom always complements me and talks to the riding... show more Something my parents do that deters me from talking to them about it is that when I do try to talk to them, they act like I'm not serious, they also will joke about it till I am nearly in tears. It makes me really,I dont know, but during my riding lessons my mom always complements me and talks to the riding instructer about how good I am, how natural, but at home when I mention it, it seems like she wasn't serious about what she said during the lesson. Can someone please explain this to me?