I have been amazed at angry answers to quest.ions of why Young Earth Creationist Christians don't address.....?

.....the questions about the scientific evidence for their views. Why is there anger and accusations that the purpose is "destroying God" and "destroying someone's faith"? (After all, I was once a Young Earth Creationist Christian and even though I believe that the earth is very old,... show more .....the questions about the scientific evidence for their views. Why is there anger and accusations that the purpose is "destroying God" and "destroying someone's faith"? (After all, I was once a Young Earth Creationist Christian and even though I believe that the earth is very old, that has done nothing to detract from my strong faith in Jesus Christ and the Bible.)

So why the anger and defensiveness? Isn't truth worth affirming (whatever you believe it to be)?

======================================...

How could an issue like the age of the earth "destroy God"? And seeing how there are millions of Christians on both sides of such age of the earth issues, how could simply dealing with the question destroy anyone's faith? Sometimes I get the impression that the emotional reactions to such issues imply that someone's faith is actually very weak and they are afraid. Am I wrong? Agree? Disagree?
10 answers 10