DOES SANTA CLAUSE REALLY EXIST PLEASE TELL THE TRUTH?

the kids at school make fun of me because im 17 and still believe in santa my parents say hes really and i believe them cus they would never lie to me but i hate being made fun of omg does he really exist? how do i proove to my classm8s that he is real

thank you for your help have a wonderful holiday xoxo

Favorite Answer

heres the thing - if you believe then what does it matter what anyone else says? you'll never convince a non-believer that santa exists. just like you'll never convince a non-believer that god exists!

santa has answered many a desire for certain gifts over the years - gifts that i know my mum and dad couldn't have afforded but there they were under the tree christmas morning and i'll tell you something true sweetie, i still believe and i'm old! lol

but i don't try to convince anyone else about him i stand firm in my belief and i encourage you to do the same. he is a happy thought at a happy time of year, and we can use all the extra happiness we can find. santa offers us that!

merry christmas sweetie and i know santa will be good to you! keep the faith!

heres a pretty cool letter from a very very long time ago; a little girl wrote to a new york newspaper to ask the same question you are asking:

"DEAR EDITOR: I am 8 years old.

"Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus.

"Papa says, 'If you see it in THE SUN it's so.'

"Please tell me the truth; is there a Santa Claus?

"VIRGINIA O'HANLON.

"115 WEST NINETY-FIFTH STREET."

VIRGINIA, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except [what] they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men's or children's, are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus. It would be as dreary as if there were no VIRGINIAS. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas Eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if they did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, VIRGINIA, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

Listen Sweetie,

I am 28 and I still get presents from Santa. I leave my house to spend Christmas Eve with my parents. Then, I spend the night. When I wake up , Santa Claus came! Does this help you? I still believe in Santa. Do you? It's all in what you thing, it doesn't matter what the other kids say. I was also picked on as I grew up because I believed in Santa Claus. I hope you will listen to your heart...Merry Christmas Sweet Pea! <3

• Rose

Come on, he's 4. 90% of kids that age DO believe in Santa, I know I did. Seriously? Thats stupid to freak about a 10 yr old believing in Santa.

Yes, Santa does exist. Too many don't believe, thanks to psychiatrists declaring he's not real and that kids should be told the "truth." But they don't understand the truth. If you want to understand who Santa truely is, read this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101215/ap_on_re_us/us... . This man is both at the same time not the real Santa Claus and the real deal. As are we all. Santa is the spirit of giving.

Do yourself a favor and read L. Frank Baum's (yes, the author of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz") "The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus." Learn who all are his deputies.

It's Claus. Not Clause with an e. And according to my parents, especially my mom, no.

I'm 16 and there's a part of me that will never stop believing <3 it's more fun to believe in him, and it makes christmas 10 times more exciting!! Don't let anybody tell you to believe or to not believe something. Believe what YOU want to. Merry Christmas!!

Sorry but think about it this way

A fat guy driving some flying reindeer that goes into your house through a chimney he won't even fit into. And he has to give at least 12 gifts per family he visits. How would he make them? Lets say everyone asked him for a ipod. How would make it? And wouldn't he have died already if it was centuries people believed in him :(? Well thats what I think , but people can believe :(

Source(s): Merry christmas!

Believe it or not he does. Santa Claus was a man in Norweign who tried to use reindeers to pull his sled. He wears red because in the folk tale, his clothes was bloody and he layed in bloody snow when they found him in the woods on his sled.

No, he isn't real because a fat guy would get caught by someone when he's trying to brake in to your home. I mean all he does is steal your cookies and milk! *~*

It was a sad and horrible night when I saw my dad eating my cookies and milk and putting the presents under the tree. What a disappointment....-_-

Yes. Oprah is Santa in disguise. Haven't you ever noticed how they both give out free things? Oprah uses the show to make money for the elves, then dresses up as an old, fat, white man for a night and dishes out the presents.