• Travel >
  • Australia >
  • General - Australia
  • Travel >
  • Australia >
  • General - Australia

How much does it cost to move a small house of furniture from Perth to Melbourne?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
We are going to be moving from Perth to Melbourne in February. If anyone knows an estimate of what it would cost to move a house of furniture from Perth to Melbourne it would save me ...show more
Best Answer
Unsure of the cost, but source out carriers who may do it on the cheap (back-loading).
  • 0
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• dave answered 4 years ago
    Shared containers always available, cheapest way. The company will come around tell you how much it will cost and then come round when you are ready load it up for loading in container, will store it for you in Melbourne until you want it, they ship container by rail so a lot cheaper.
    Put car and yourselves on Indian Pacific to Adelaide and drive from there only around 10 hours.
    Sit up Perth/Adelaide around $200 each not sure of price for car now but cheaper if you travelling on train with car.
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • How much does it cost to move a small house of furniture from Perth to Melbourne?
    We are going to be moving from Perth to Melbourne in February. If anyone knows an estimate of what it would cost to move a house of furniture from Perth to Melbourne it would save me having to give out my email to lots of sites just to get quotes. Spam is evil! And I would really appreciate it.
    Also if anyone knows the cost of shipping a small hatchback over that would be a great help!

Thanks in advance!
    Sign in 

to add your answer

1

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock