For Image analysis What is more important, cache, more RAM or faster CPU?

Hi, I am a student and will be working mainly on Image Analysis and a little bit on simulations. I am looking for a desktop for this purpose. First, I would like to have suggestions if anyone has any idea what kind of configuration I should use? i looked for Dell Vostro and Inspiron and I am getting : 1) i5 with... show more Hi,
I am a student and will be working mainly on Image Analysis and a little bit on simulations. I am looking for a desktop for this purpose. First, I would like to have suggestions if anyone has any idea what kind of configuration I should use? i looked for Dell Vostro and Inspiron and I am getting :
1) i5 with 2.8 GHz 8MB L2 Cache with 4GB dual channel memory - Vostro
2) i5 with 3.2 GHz 4MB cache and 6GB memory - Inspiron
Which one is preferable?
Thanks.
Update: Thanks, I will be using softwares like Image J or Matlab for analyzing large stacks of images. First one is i5 760 - 4 core with 2.8 GHz 8MB L2 Cache with 4GB dual channel memory - Dell Vostro and another one is i5 650 - 2 core with 3.2 GHz 4MB cache and 6GB memory - Dell Inspiron. I am confused for 4 cores with... show more Thanks, I will be using softwares like Image J or Matlab for analyzing large stacks of images. First one is i5 760 - 4 core with 2.8 GHz 8MB L2 Cache with 4GB dual channel memory - Dell Vostro and another one is i5 650 - 2 core with 3.2 GHz 4MB cache and 6GB memory - Dell Inspiron. I am confused for 4 cores with less speed is more efficient or 2 cores with more speed and there is a cache difference as well.