How can I decorate my back entrance to be more welcoming?

People come to my house by way of the back door that enters into a dining room and kitchen. The back entrance is through my garage and no matter how hard I try to get people to use the front door, they insist on entering there. I am thinking of using that garage space for an outside living area. Got any good cheap ideas?

Are they entering there because your garage door is open, or is there a separate entrance through your garage from the exterior of the house? I've seen people put gracious signs on their secondary doors asking to please use the front door. That should solve the problem, or, if your entrance is through the garage itself, keep your garage door down. But you CAN also use your garage as an outdoor living area. In most cases you would just need to clean it top to bottom, paint & outdoor carpet squares (as long as no car is ever parked in there). Add some attractive patio furniture (nothing fully upholstered as critters will nest in there). But that will already add to the problem, so I vote for the sign.

Source(s): Interior Designer

You could add a bench or sitting area with some plants to make a nice little outdoor area. Some soft colored paint always makes for a welcoming space as well.

• bella

outside living area there would be good, some plants maybe. re-decorate the garage, maybe paint it, organize it so you don't have everything all over the place.

It is such a wonderful idea very ""tasteful"" :D and interesting!!! ha ha

(cool you're trying to be your own person.)

;)

Many Greetings.

thanks.

Source(s): so very cheerful too!!!!?