Armpit odor in shirts, tried everything?
The pits of ALL my shirts have this musty/wet dirt smell after a while of wearing them. Even brand new shirts only worn once and recently washed shirts right out of the dryer. My underarms never stink, even without any deodorant on them. I don't know what the problem is.
I have tried the following solutions:
- Rubbing the pits with vinegar, baking soda, bleach, oxy clean or spray n wash
- Using only vinegar, baking soda, bleach or oxy clean instead of detergent
- Cleaning the washing machine with vinegar
- Cleaning the washing machine with Bleach
- Not using dryer sheets or clothing softener
- Washing clothes by hand in various soaps and oxy clean
- Soaking clothes in pet urine enzyme cleaner before wash
- Stop using antiperspirant and deodorants
- Boiling clothing (which melted the polyester ones)
- Use salt rock for deodorant
- Visiting the dermatologist, who said I'm fine
NOTHING WORKS. Not even buying new clothes works, they start to stink after a few wears. It is just not possible to pin on underarm pads to every shirt I own, everyday for the rest of my life. What on earth do I do??
- JaimeLv 79 years agoFavourite answer
Extreme body odor is sometimes a sign of an underlying illness.
If the odor has persisted despite all your treatments and throughout all you clothes, I would see a doctor to rule out a medical issue.
- Anonymous9 years ago
Have you tried to clean your washing machine?
If you have a front loading washing machine you should buy a cleaning agent just for the machine and clean it at least once a month. Some recommend using a cup of vinegar also. I have found it does not work and the machine needs the cleaning product specific to cleaning. You should also clean the rubber gasket seal around the door of the machine after every use. If you are able to remove the soap dispenser and clean it and all around the inside compartment of where the dispenser fits into. There could be a large build up of mold in your washer which is causing your clothing to smell badly.
Also using non High Efficiency Detergent will harm the machine. It will cause a lot of build up and residue in the machine which will start to mold. Use only H E detergents and switch between Liquid and Powder every month or so.
Miele Laundry Washing Machine Cleaner & Descaler is great for all front loading machines.
If you do this thorough cleaning you will notice a difference in the your wash.
After you clean the machine leave the door open an hour a day to dry out the machine will also help
- FabLv 59 years ago
The only missing info is the material of your shirts.
If there is polyester in them, that's the issue : you have to buy 100% cotton shirts to avoid this problem.
You can also try this trick : prepare organic lemon juice, pour it on the armpit areas, let it dry and then throw into the washing machine.
Hope it helps
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- rosamariaLv 44 years ago
there is not any longer something you're able to do to that now.whilst taking good care of your shirts next time,verify you're wearing roll on and sidestep sweating too plenty in that section.you could carry moist wipes with you each and every and all of the time once you are the style that sweats plenty on the armpits.