Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 9 years ago

I received a scam email from a Ryan.Lucas111@gmail.com to have funds deposited into my account for his company?

I posted a job request on Craigslist and received an email response with the subject line of 'THIS POSITION IS NEEDED URGENTLY*******" from a Ryan.Lucas111@yahoo.com In it he states that he is offering a part time job for his dad's firm who supplies raw materials for clothing companies. They need people in the states to accept payment on behalf of his company through a credit union and would pay me $400 for carrying out the job. Is there a way to let people know that this is someone to stay away from?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favourite answer

Making a scammer's scam googlable is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find and then does not become a victim because you took the time to "get the word out".

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, ask questions and learn all about that hobby.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

First of DO NOT FORWARD OR SAVE THE EMAIL IN ANY WAY!! Secondly your already doing your part by alerting users, the next best thing would be to tell your friends and family about it and to make sure they keep an eye out for internet hoaxes like this one.

Source(s): personal experience
  • 4 years ago

i've got had a guy 23 years youthful hit on me. That replaced into awkward. no longer purely replaced into he no longer in contact regarding the age distinction, he mentioned he'd be waiting for me while he became 18, which replaced into much greater awkwrd. those issues purely take place. the fewer of an argument you're making of them, the fewer probable they are to take place. it fairly is a weekend, youngsters on chemicals that shrink inhimbitions tend to do unusual issues. D

• 9 years ago

Report this to Craiglist to get his ad removed

Forward that email to the FBIs IC3 division http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

If you have been sent any checks, contact your local FBI field office and turn them over for investigation

Never post a work wanted ad on Craigslist - legitimate employers are not going on there looking for employees and only scammers are going to contact you

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Craigslist don't screen the sellers like ebay so there is a tone of scams there.Just ignore the email and move on.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

So, this guy wants your money pretty much by hacking you. Possibly report the email, call the sheriff's office.. Legal stuff :)

~Giana~

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Check http://scampond.com for anything you feel suspicious, give a try of their search. It seems you can trace almost any scam.

• 9 years ago

Report it to the police

• 9 years ago

I think half the world already knows it, and the other half that don't , they need to be robbed blind, so they can evaluate their lives and go back to school, to increase that pea brain.

Cheers

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.