Was Luciano Pavarotti the choir boy with Mario Lanza singing Ave Maria in "The Great Caruso"?

No! Absolutely not. I do not know where this absurd story came from but it is most certainly not true. While Pavarotti acknowledged the positive influence and inspiration Lanza had on him as a young man deciding to pursue a musical career as an opera singer, he never met or appeared with his idol. It is very likely that this story was dreamed up to promote and expand the fame and legacy of Pavarotti.

For more in depth discussion into this issue and other myths related to the great tenor Mario Lanza, you might want to check out this very replete and informative website:

www.mariolanzatenor.com

Hope this helps anwer your question.

Tony Partington

• nashim

Mario Lanza Ave Maria

I agree with 'keeprockin' (and a multitude of others), it has to be N D. I've only got to hear the introductory bars of that piece and the hair on the back of my neck stands straight up. The anticiptation of what I'm about to hear stills my every move. By the end of the piece, tears are running down my cheeks. A remarkable man who will live forever, through his incredible recordings and videos. He brought Opera to the masses with that one piece and Opera has never looked back. It's more popular now than it ever has been, and is no longer a 'rich man's' entertainment. God bless you Pavarotti. The choirs of angels concert will play to a full house tonight.