Erica asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 9 years ago

WTF DOES YAHOO ANSWER HAVE A "DAILY ANSWERING LIMIT"?!?

I mean, here I am, with a golden nugget of advice for a fleeting and inquisitive person, and I go to spill my fountain of wisdom into their mind, and I can't because I've reached my "daily answering limit"??? WELL.

We get a different limit at each level. Its seems that Yahoo did not anticipate someone with your insight before conceiving the limit constraints. Check back tomorrow to add your uniqueness to the answer pool.

Yahoo Answers has a problem with people who sit in front of their computers, entering the same answer again and again, mostly spam. Some of them think they are earning money this way, and some are just being annoying. Once you have answered enough questions with your golden nuggets of advice, you will graduate to the next level which allows you to ask and answer more each day.

If you look at the top of the screen above the word "Ask" you'll see the word "about". Click on it for the rules.

• Rev

The reasons for the limits are twofold that I can think of.

First of all they limit new users to cut down on spam. If new accounts were allowed unlimited postings the site would soon be so polluted it would be hard to find legitimate Q&A,

Secondly the system is designed to give users goals to work towards. I suggest once you reach your daily answering limit you should vote your daily limit too, in order to gain points and levels quickly and increase your limits.

• jay k

spammers are limited to 20 spam posts per day

When you reach level 2, the daily limit increases to 40, and keeps going up per leel

When you reach level 5 or higher, you can answer an unlimited number of questions.

so people dont spam the Qs just to get points if there is a limit then you can only act like you know what your talking about 20x a day.

If that happened then I guess everyone would have an answer... right?

Yahoo doesn't want anybody abusing the privleged Its like a video game they want you to be frustrated

That's really interesting. I don't seem to have a daily answering limit. Maybe you'll grow out of yours too.

I know right! I think when you get to a certain level(not sure which one) You can answer as many questions as you want :)

Its dumb i know but its to prevent people from just clicking on stuff and advertising products.