Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 9 years ago

Is a Honda Rebel a good starter motorcycle for a short girl?

Is a Honda Rebel a good starter bike for a short girl?

I am 5'1", and approx. 135 lbs. I lift weights and am pretty strong, but I was a little worried about my height when it comes to buying a motorcycle especially when it comes to stopping. Are there any other bikes I should look at considering my height?

Thanks.

Yes.

2) some but the Rebel is the best for you. The 250 Yamaha Varago, the Buell Blast, Kawasaki Ninja 250. would be runner ups.

A Honda rebel or any 250cc cruiser for that matter would be a good choice for you; low seat Hightower and low weight means ease of use. If you can have your feet flat on the ground while sitting then the bike is ok

I own a Honda Rebel. I am 5'8" and it is a little small for me. With a 26" seat height it should fit you just fine. I use my Rebel for riding around town. It has 16 hp which is enough to outpace traffic around town. But, seriously lacking power for the Highway. So, I can't recomend it for highway use. Around town I have been getting 90 MPG. When I have used it on the Highway it gets 50MPG. Once you have experience you can look at replacing it with a Honda Shadow. They also have low seat heights but are good for the Highway.

a Honda rebel is a perfect starter bike i have the same short problem lol and i started with a 305 now im on a 1400 and im close to 300lb the 305 did very well

Yes the rebel is or would be a good bike for you.

It is a 250cc and you don't have too much power but enough to still have fun and it is a small lower bike that will work out well for you.

yes but check out the yamaha v star 250. the pegs are more forward and it is way more comfortable to ride. 5 foot tall female here who has ridden both and choose the yamaha

It's ok. But you would be happier on a Ninja 250cc. They are easy to ride and fly.