My sons teacher is pregnant and unmarried, do you thing this is a good role model for young people?

that would be her business - not yours nor your son's concern!

If her teaching abilities were not up to par, that would be a different story.

just because she is unmarried and pregnant does not mean that she is a bad role Model she may not want to get married but she may want a family as long as she treats your son with respect and she has the ability to teach lots of people in the 21st century arnt married but have a family and they are also amazing people inspirational a person can be a great person regardless of there marriage status

Perhaps not the best role model, but then again, Mr. Rogers isn't teaching school anymore. The reality is that if your sons teacher is a good TEACHER and her personality is nurturing, then the fact that she has no husband is not as relevant. Just support your sons well being with a healthy marriage of your own! :)

I think there is nothing wrong with this at all. I heard a statistic the other day that now 1 in 3 children are born to unmarried parents.

I do think you're judgemental for thinking that way.

i have to tell you this, the way you thinking is one of the many reasons why we live in a sad society , you judge people because of their out look? your son's teacher is pregnant and unmarried so you think she's a bad person? let say you are a great mom , great person and one day your son grew up to become a young man and he got some one else's daughter pregnant so people around him call him names and all of that, you think its fair? role model is from you as a parents , you need to educate your child how to be a good person , not judging others because of the way they look, think about all the crazy things that happeing around the school in our country, how many teacher from the outside looking really nice, professional and so on, but they are a preditors? so did you know they were a preditors by the nice looking they represent from the outside? i dont think so, we all sometimes even say things like " oh my god i would never think she/he being that way" and so on. i think you should focus on to be a role model your self to your own kids instead of teaching them how to judge people from the outside, i do understand parents sometimes over worry about their kids but please have an open heart and open mind to look inside of a person and find out who they really are instead of judging them too fast. good luck to you and your family

• Sue B

Isn't it REALITY? Why try to hide the truth about life to your children? I didn't know a teacher was to be a role model. That's the parents role in life. Her being pregnant is her business.

Look into your own closet and look over your skeletons and stop judging people or trying to mess with their lively hood.

• silly!

what's there to worry about? many parents set worse examples for their children than other people do.

she has a career working with children. now she's going to have her own child. i find it rude wonder if she's a good role model when you don't know her background. perhaps she has a boyfriend? maybe she's eventually getting married? no matter what it is, it's none of you or anyone elses business.

No... she should be fired, put out on the street and forced onto public assistance because she had a baby out of wedlock...

or..

She should kill the fetus and set a proper example for the children so they know what do do if they ever have such a problem.....

or..

Wait a minute... the teacher could demonstrate in real live terms to the children that people make mistakes or do have children out of wedlock and they have very difficult challenges ahead of them...

Of course it is. Being married doesn't determine whether a child will be loved and well looked after so I can't see why she a professional, responsible woman wouldn't be a great role model for young people.

Why not? Wedlock does not exist anymore.

So you are saying all unmarried women/men with children are not good role models.... I am an unmarried mother with a 7 y/o boy working as a medical assistant.... I must be an awful person in your eyes.

No. That is why I support vouchers and home schooling. And more and more the schools feel they have the right to provide the moral, social and ethical education of our children. As for the person who said the teacher is educated and can provide for her child I'll ask why are the teachers always whining that they don't make enough. That teacher was not smart enough to know she needs more than a teacher's salary to raise a child. I guess she think taxpayers need to pay for that too.