I have had 2 gold fish in a 10 gallon tank. I can not get the ammonia levels down and now the tank is cloudy!?

i had 3 gold fish in a 10 gallon tank.1 died after 3 days. I can not get the ammonia levels down. I have had the tank for 3 weeks. everything was new and very clean when we started. i have used 2 different brands of ammonia rid stuff and bought my own testers. I have done 10% water changes and 50% water changes as... show more i had 3 gold fish in a 10 gallon tank.1 died after 3 days. I can not get the ammonia levels down. I have had the tank for 3 weeks. everything was new and very clean when we started. i have used 2 different brands of ammonia rid stuff and bought my own testers. I have done 10% water changes and 50% water changes as directed from the pet store but these levels will not go down! and now the tank is cloudy! HELP!