To quit or not quit facebook?

Hey .

I'm having trouble making this decision- to quit or not quit facebook.

I kept debating about it in my head since like forever, and i wanted to hear out other peoples perspectives and opinions about it first.

so my reasons why i should quit facebook is

-makes me procastinate

-decrease my social skills/verbal skills

-decreseases my productivity

why i should keep facebook.

-get "closer" to friends.

-meet new/make new friends

-can get invited to more parties/ birthday parties...

ANYWAYS .

what do you guys think i should do?

do the negatives outweigh the positives?

help ? :)

Don't quit Facebook. Make sure you log off everytime you check so there's something that hinders you from a click of the mouse. Just don't play facebook games or take quizzes. That wastes your time. If you're always checking, then check every other day. (If it's urgent, check obviously) Then maybe go to once every 2 days. Then, once a week. It depends on how you and your friends/organization/facebook group puts emphasis on this social networking site. It can actually make things much easier for communicating.

Facebook doesn't make you procrastinate, and it doesn't decrease your productivity. It's an outlet by which you do that, but that doesn't necessarily make it responsible. If you quit Facebook and naturally procrastinate, you'll probably find you still procrastinate anyway.

Humans are naturally social beings. We need and crave on interaction- I'd say that's even the case with those who think they'd rather be alone or prefer isolation. Complete isolation has been known to cause mania, and even monks who take vows of solitude depend on each other to keep those vows.

So- no. You shouldn't quit Facebook. Very likely, there's a reason you're using it, and unless it's causing you psychological harm, the benefits definitely outweigh the disadvantages. Your procrastination would still occur because a) that procrastination is merely the time you spend socializing, which I think you'll find you need anyway, and b) that procrastination would likely occur anyway.

If you're dependent on Facebook, I would suggest taking small breaks away from it, though even then you'll probably notice that you have benefited from the communication that it offers you.

Source(s): My common dislike of and retreats from Facebook

Facebook is a useful tool, for me, it is even more useful than my e-mail. I used to waste a lot of time on it, but I only go on after I'm done with everything just to check recent updates, which takes no more than 5 minutes.

So, keep it and onyl go on after you're done, for less than 15 minutes.

Only go on Face Book on certain days or weekends.

if u wanna do both just dont use facebook but keep the account open

Source(s): common sense

Quit it.

You will be glad that you did.

Quitters never win! ;)