Is there cheap way to travel from Cardiff to London?

I checked on the National Rail site. Just found the train ticket price for the journey from Cardiff to London is really expensive (£30 single way). Is there any cheap train service between Cardiff and London?

http://uk.megabus.com/default.aspx

this is SO cheap. it might be a frustrating coach journey but well worth it, if you book in advance well enough you can get tickets for a quid or something. btw just google megabus if you don't like clicking links (i know i don't lol)

Source(s): friend uses it to visit me from london p.s. oh, my bad, you only wanted train. well i've searched that before to no avail, but good luck
  • koper

Trains From Cardiff To London

• Susan

If you are meeting some new people you met on YouTube then it's possible it could turn out to be someone completely different from who you expect to meet. For example, it could be someone much older than what they are projecting to be. If none of you is older than 14 I think it could be too young depending on how complicated is the thing that you want to do. It's not an easy question - I remember when I was about 14, since I was the oldest child especially, my parents let me have additional freedoms pretty conservatively, in a worried way. I did get to ride my bike around the neighborhood pretty much where I wanted, but it was a long time ago. "Normal" permissiveness has gotten more strict than then. If you were going to go on your own and not plan to travel with some strangers from YouTube then that would seem like a much less dangerous situation. People who are only 14 might not have a very well developed sense of judgment about certain kinds of situations: - getting lost in a crowd - dealing with some kinds of untrustworthy characters that are unfamiliar At some time in your life you'll have to gain this experience somehow and 14 is a good age to gain it. It depends on the particular individuals involved. Some people who are 14 have had a lot more experience than others. In general in life people should try to do things they feel comfortable about, and there's always some risk in going to some new situations. So then the question is whether it's a risk you feel comfortable with. In the end this is necessary, to develop your own judgment about what situations are more safe or more risky. You do need to be allowed to try out some new things, this much is clear. How many times before have you caught a train from Cardiff to London with these 14/15 year old friends? How absolutely certain are you that these people from YouTube are OK? If it's really that important a goal, to meet these folks in Cardiff, but it seems to you or your parents that it might be too risky, then it might be much wiser to break down the project into smaller steps. Meet first somewhere more familiar or with trusted adults around.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): cheap travel cardiff london: https://shortly.im/vgBhD

Yes if you book well ahead and hunt around the Great Western site for off peak trains you'll find one way fares from £15

www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk or visit the ticket office at Cardiff Central Station

If you are in a qualifying group get an annual railcard for a 34% discount on your tickets

www.railcard.co.uk

• ?

Does the National Express not offer a service? It'll take 900x longer but coaches tend to be cheaper than trains.

£30 one-way isn't too bad though, considering the distance involved. Book your train tickets WELL in advance, and they work out cheaper.

as cheap as you want... just take the long road and walk it... or by bike...