Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 years ago

flaps that stick out of vagina-normal?

Ok so i have had this problem probs for like 4 yrs now but only asking now....... i am 16 yr old girl virgin and i have flap that stick out of my vagina (i am pretty sure they r called labia minor) but they are way obvious with underwear or swimmers on as they stick out instead of being "flat" they are also obvious when not wearing underwear. they aren't painful they just gross me out and i serious think they aren't normal. my cousin has seen me naked and was like what the hell thats not normal....... :l please i can't talk to my mum or dad or go to the doctors can u tell me if this is normal..... i am scared it's going to affect me having sex when I'm older because i don't want anyone to see it

You are normal. Labia's come all kinds of different shapes and sizes. Do not compare yourself to women in porn, they are not normal and have had surgery.

It wont affect your sex life in the future. And if it does, it will be for the better. I've heard that sex with a women with larger labia lips causes more suction and friction while having sex. No man will complain about that. :)

2

Source(s): Yeast Infection Cure Secrets - http://yeastcure.trustdd.com/?dgVn
  • Q

Hi. You're totally normal! :-) Those are your labia minora. They grow longer at puberty, which is why you've only had them sticking out for 4 years. Some women's stay pretty short, so they don't hang down, while others can get really long. Like check out this picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elongated_labia

That's an extreme case. For some reason, in American porn, they prefer the shorter ones, so they'll photoshop it so that no one has labia minora that stick out. But there's nothing wrong with it, and in fact while there is surgery to shorten the labia, such surgery is a bad idea as it can cause constant pain or make sex painful, or ruin sexual pleasure. Lots of guys actually prefer the longer labia and find them sexy. I don't think there are any guys who don't like them. If in future you ever meet such a guy, well, he's an @sshole and you're well rid of him. You might have to alter the type of bathing suit that you wear as a result of this. Your cousin is, I'm guessing, around your age. Therefore she is working with the same level of inexperience about what genitals look like, and that's why she thought that wasn't normal. Hers are probably different. But you're perfectly normal--you just have an appearance that SHE is unfamiliar with. Anyone with any experience or knowledge knows that your appearance is common.

Well, it's either your inner labia, which would be normal, or your hymen, if it is a flap on each side inside your labia, then it might be. Usually you do not break your hymen unless you have sex, but it can happen if you do a lot of exercise such as cycling. I don't think you should be worrying about anything anyway. But if you're really concerend about it, you could see a Gyno or a doctor, we are always happy to help girls like you.

Source(s): Training to be a Gyno.

I think if you are uncomfortable with it, you need to talk to your mum about it. Or call a doctor and see if they will see you. I'm not sure if you have to be 18. Don't let it affect the way you fill about your body.

You will need to see the female doc prior to getting sexually active anyhow. So, this would be a good time to ask him if it's normal. Does he see other girls with the same 'flaps'? I'm sure you'll feel much better.

Good luck!

It's perfectly normal, most women actually have larger labia minora, so you're very much in-line with other women.

And like said before, men tend to like it, so it shouldn't cause any sexual issues in that way, plus they need to be massive before they create a physical problem with sex, so it's unlikely they ever will cause you problems.

Yes it is normal. Labia come in all different sizes, shapes, textures and lengths. Normal length is anywhere from 1/2 inch to nearly 4 inches.

Want to know how to get your ex back? Change yourself. Don't worry about changing other people, worry about changing yourself. Go to https://tr.im/bKEMp

Once you do that then you can start to worry about getting back together with your ex, other wise you will find that you are fighting about all the same things and getting no where. Do what it takes and I promise things will work out in your favor.

The funny thing is I came to the realization that I had to change a little too late. After I was kicked out and after I was about to lose the only things that truly mattered to me - her love. A funny thing happens when we truly love someone and lose them. We do what ever it takes to get them back. For me I had to drop bad habits that had caused not only our relationship to sour but practically every other relationship I had had in the past. Not only with women, but with friends, co-workers, family, you name it.

Which is why I say to you as my ex at the time said to me, the only thing you can do is change yourself. Work on yourself and improve on the person that you already are. Drop the negative things in your life that don't belong there and you will see all of your relationships start to take off to new heights.

• kianes

Is My Vagina Normal

Yeast Infection Freedom System - http://yeastcured.uzaev.com/?yGVB