What are your thoughts on living together before marriage?

I don't think it's *necessary* (as some people put it) to live together before tying the knot IF two MATURE people are in love, committed to each other, and willing enough to make it work. Personally, my husband and I decided not to move in together until we were legally bound. We made sure before marriage... show more I don't think it's *necessary* (as some people put it) to live together before tying the knot IF two MATURE people are in love, committed to each other, and willing enough to make it work. Personally, my husband and I decided not to move in together until we were legally bound. We made sure before marriage we are on the same page regarding things that matter..I don't think I would date someone I found repulsive.
Having said that, I understand this is a very circumstantial issue and different people make different decisions. what are your thoughts?
Update: saint: no one is sure...ever
Update 2: for the record, Im not looking to justify my personal decision.. old's school: I know..but the way I look at it..you have to compromise in a relationship anyway. I think people analyze things way too much. just look the bigger picture and be grateful for what you have. everyone has flaws..in the end you love each... show more for the record, Im not looking to justify my personal decision..

old's school: I know..but the way I look at it..you have to compromise in a relationship anyway. I think people analyze things way too much. just look the bigger picture and be grateful for what you have. everyone has flaws..in the end you love each other and it's not worth fighting over toilet seat and dirty laundry.
Update 3: dark eyes: i think you're spot on. we did go into pre martial counseling..and i think that helped us both a great deal.