Wyatt T asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

dog has pain in the head?

my dog is a 5 year old great dane. we took him to the vet yesterday and he has pneumonia. no one in my fammily will listen to me that something is wrong with his head also. i can pet his snout and he is perfectly fine, but if i pet or even touch in between his eyes and around that area of hsi forehead he pulls back in pain. i noticed this around 2 weeks ago when he yelped out and he never yelps. what could this be?

i did not go to the vet, i was unaware they were taking him so i couldnt bring it up. and im not going to take him as im only 16 and my father would have to. But, he wont listen to me.

Maybe your dad could at least give the vet a call (or maybe you could call), and see if he thinks the head pain could be related to the pneumonia. If so, the medication the dog is already on will help to fix this as well.

You can call the vet and ask at least. Based on what you find out, you can have 'ammunition' to talk to you dad and ask him to take your dog to the vet. Go along next time - make sure they know you want to.

Could be an ear infection, an abscessed tooth, a tumor, or any number of things. I would be worried! It must be really painful for the dog to have attacked your brother like that!

Take it to the good dog doctor or animal vet.

call and talk to the vet

Sinus infection and inflammation, but did you ask the vet who diagnosed. the infection?.

consult with a good vet-nary doctor.

take him to vet....