Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why did Ryuk kill Light?

I don't understand why. I could go back and watch the anime but i'm too lazy.

Light lost, and asked Ryuk for help. Which made ryuk get bored. So he killed him.

He was simply doing Light a favor by killing him, It prevented him from going to prison. I just hated when Light was shot. I for one love Light. Cried when he died. But.. Ryuk didn't want to wait around and see what happened to Light because he was bound to have the death penalty or life in prison and if you know Ryuk.. He doesn't care for boredom. He did it for that and because Light was yelling for help as it was and Ryuk well gave him help by ending it and preventing prison and or the death penalty. In my opinion.. Light wasn't afraid to die. When you see his heart beat his eyes get wide a bit but he just lays there.. Calm. Ready to die. During the credits it shows him die and his eyes close slowly.. But before he dies L (the real L) is standing in front of him. (I LOVE L TOO) then shortly after that his eyes close and Light is dead and well Near wins. Unfortunately the show ends in a very shitty way.

Source(s): Watching and obsessing over the show!!!! Duhhh!!!!

It's because Ryuk has better things to do in life than waiting around. Also he lost interest in Light when he pleaded for Ryuk's help, which if you remember, Ryuk said he wasn't on anyone's side. Another reason is that Light lost his usefulness in Ryuk's life and therefore wasn't worth his time anymore. Light said "Please!" and Ryuk said "Okay" and wrote his name down, thus "helping" him avoid going to prison.

Sorry if it doesn't make much sense, I just had an energy drink and I guess it's making my ADD worse.

Source(s): Obsessed with Death Note, watched and read all the anime/manga/books...Though I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen the Live action movies yet.
  • ?

Light got exposed anyways that he was kira, and if he was caught he would be sent to prison. So like ryuk said " who knows what they'll do with you in prison, and i dont wanna wait to find out." In a way I believe he did Light a favor at the end.

Because when Light lost, his life was basically over. He was either going to get the death penalty, or get life in prison, either way Ryuk was not willing to wait. He had already said he was going to be the one who killed Light.

don't listen to anything anyone else tells you yeah i know light was evil and he did kill ryuzaki (L)

but im just being one-sided because i really liked light oh now im crying ryuk was just being neutral never showing favoritism and he decided it was time to take light and give him what he deserved