Do you regard men who marry and have children these days as losers?

Over 50% of marriages end in divorce and the man either has to keep paying for his kids by court order, or in some rare cases actually ends up with them.

The days of my father's generation are over, where marriages lasted a lifetime and women were pleased gave up their jobs to be wives and mothers, and when the kids left home, worked again.

Losers , no , that is too harsh a word. Desperate Gambler maybe ?

I can't walk into a casino and put down my car title and everything else I own on a spin of the roulette wheel. I will take risk but 50/50 for everything I own,

plus the chance of alimony, for what ? and exclusive sexual contract with a woman whos body is a depreciating asset. and they are going to have a problem with my philosphy of ME BOSS, YOU NOT. You know , old school marriage. the kind where both respected each other but the Man was in charge kind. The only kind I have ever seen anyone happy in.

No, I don't think anyone does. I really hate to be a raging feminist here but dude... why is wife and mother a priority over work but not husband and father? As hard as I am working to get my degree right now, I would be lying if I told you that I am not more excited to be a mother than to be a professional in my field. Still, I would be furious if this was just expected of me because of my gender. A woman giving up her career even temporarily does not guarantee a successful marriage and if things don't work out then she ends up greatly disadvantaged because she was dependent on someone else. Waiting for the kids to leave home leaves her out of work for a significant amount of time. In most cases this probably isn't even a financially feasible way of supporting a family.

You clearly haven't met many of my friends and coworkers who have been with their partners for 10+ years with happy home lives. Just because we always hear about divorces or nasty breakups doesn't mean that "happily ever after" doesn't exist anymore.

I think back in the day women felt like they had no power or right to stand up and fight for their equality or their rights and just had to sit on the back burner while their husbands dictated every aspect of their lives. Those days are over, but not lifelong marriages.

No, i don't! Okay, guys that marry and have kids in their twenties, I would think that they are missing out. But when I'm 30 I want to have children and be married! If there are not guys who would want this too, the world would've been a different place.

So the man shouldn't be responsible for his own children in any way if the marriage doesn't work out? I wonder how his children would feel about that?

I love how you paint all men as victims here. Oh, boo-hoo they have to pay child support, while their ex-wives struggle to work and take care of the kids all by themselves. Life must suck when you only have yourself to support with a couple-hundred bucks to dole out each month. You pay that much for cable, I think you can spare it for your own children.

Women are the primary caregivers in most families, hence why they usually win custody cases! Since gender roles are changing and as more men are becoming stay-at-home dads, things will probably change in regards to how many men receive full custody. These things take time, obviously.

Plenty of women are still willing to be stay-at-home moms. My mom is one of them. I know lots of girls who tell me they just want to be mothers. Find one of them! I don't think forcing all women to stay at home like in the 50's is the solution to your little problem, just saying. Housewives get cheated on just as much as working wives. Marriages don't fail because women have careers. They fail because of many other factors.

Absolutely not. I regard men who antagonize others as losers.

Men always remarry. Some women don't. Men remarry because marriage tends to be comfortable for them.

Despite all of the middle-aged women bashing that goes on in society, there is not shortage of marriage proposals for a decent looking woman, of above average character.

I don't see these guys as losers. I see them as being normal and average human beings, like the rest of us.