How to delete saved email addresses no longer contacts?

I have deleted some contacts yet their email addresses still come up when I click on COMPOSE MESSAGE than click on the first letter of their address

For example, I click on J, all email address (currently in my contacts and previously deleted come up)

I ONLY wish to have current contact email addresses come up

I have tried TOOL, INTERNET OPTIONS, DELETE BROWING HISTORY as well as CONTENT DELETE AUTOCOMPLETE; neither work.

Can someone suggest a way this can be done? Thank you and look forward to a SOLUTION

I have also tried MAIL OPTIONS and checked both MAIL OPTIONS and MESSENGER options but don't see anywhere in there I need to check or uncheck too

Sorry....am talking about Yahoo mail IE9, Windows 7

Bit thank you for your time and post...hopefully someone can help me resolve this very annoying issue

Yes I have sent them an email; won't hold my breath re a reply or a solution from them

Thanks for the updated info...I have done that and THAT'S what's spooky...NONE of the deleted contacts appear on my contacts list; is only when I go to SEND an email, all contacts (deleted or not) appear in the TO line....thanks ...

Open your Address Book and put a check mark in the box in front of the names you want to delete. Once you put the FIRST check mark in, your page will refresh showing you a Delete function.

You can delete one person at a time, one page at a time or anything in between.

I know, NOW it's so easy, right? :-)

Don't be embarrassed, I fumbled over this thing as well.

Hopefully, this will solve it for you.

If you are talking about Outlook 2003-2007, it reads from a NK2 file located on your computer and is independent of your contacts. You can delete that file and it will clear out those names. The file is located in your profile \ application data \ Microsoft \ Outlook. The exact location will depend on your operating system

In Outlook 2010, it is now saved on the server side in a special mail folder. You can delete those when they pop up. You should see an "x" next to the name.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287623

You can find tools to edit your NK2 files and data. Search for "NK2" and you'll find what you're looking for.

http://www.outlookpower.com/issues/issue200506/000...

*

HOW DI I DELETE AN OLD GMAIL ADDRESS AND GET A NEW OME