How to delete saved email addresses no longer contacts?

I have deleted some contacts yet their email addresses still come up when I click on COMPOSE MESSAGE than click on the first letter of their address For example, I click on J, all email address (currently in my contacts and previously deleted come up) I ONLY wish to have current contact email addresses come up I... show more I have deleted some contacts yet their email addresses still come up when I click on COMPOSE MESSAGE than click on the first letter of their address
For example, I click on J, all email address (currently in my contacts and previously deleted come up)
I ONLY wish to have current contact email addresses come up
I have tried TOOL, INTERNET OPTIONS, DELETE BROWING HISTORY as well as CONTENT DELETE AUTOCOMPLETE; neither work.
Can someone suggest a way this can be done? Thank you and look forward to a SOLUTION
I have also tried MAIL OPTIONS and checked both MAIL OPTIONS and MESSENGER options but don't see anywhere in there I need to check or uncheck too
Update: Sorry....am talking about Yahoo mail IE9, Windows 7

Bit thank you for your time and post...hopefully someone can help me resolve this very annoying issue

Yes I have sent them an email; won't hold my breath re a reply or a solution from them
Update 2: Thanks for the updated info...I have done that and THAT'S what's spooky...NONE of the deleted contacts appear on my contacts list; is only when I go to SEND an email, all contacts (deleted or not) appear in the TO line....thanks ...