Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

do you think the united states will go to war with north korea?

I think we will but im curious about other peaple's opinions

Because of all the high tension with north korea shooting mortars or rockets into those south korean islands we are getting dangerously close to something.Now what that something could be is open to speculation.Here's an interesting fact though,did you know that technechlly we are still at war with North Korea because we are at a cease-fire that "ended" the war with them.We never actually signed a peace treaty so we could use NK's attacks as an exuse saying they violated the terms.

And yes I do know that our economy is already possibly slipping into another deppresion but what im asking is a two way question.Wouldnt it be a perfect time to,dare I say it,invade.

Im just asking is all.I do love a good conversation.

I live on guam(thats a US territory in the pacific.)and I can say that this island has seen its fair share of invaders from the spanish to the japs in WWII.No matter what nations go at war,if it involves controlling the pacific,then guam is a target because of it's deep sea port,it's air field,and it being a few hours from japan.even tensions were high a few years back when a russion plane carrying nuclear bombs came just in 30 to 40 miles of the island unauthorized.Apparently it was a message to the US saying hey we could bomb your island.

You know if I,m correct we have a few nukes on our air force base and already makes a bigger target right off the bat.

Well hopefully if we end up going to war,we don't nuke each other because you know what will happen.Russia will react,then China,Britain etc..Most likely after that the post-war world will be engulfed in fallout for years.

I know that going to war with a communist country in the future is inevitible.Most likely the US will spread with new land probably annexing countries.the commies will probably conquer new land making the tensions horrible between them an us resulting in a second cold war or third world war.BUT the US cant do anything until we get out of this financial stump.

To bad we arent like the 40s and 50s where we didnt have to rely on other counties to make products just certain goods

That way we wouldnt have to rely on china for a lot of services.

Favorite Answer

Nope

been there done that.

o, i thought like 99% of the people, you were trolling.

for conversation, i think it would be very difficult to just start a war with NK, ya know, what's china gonna do? that would be the only real concern. Plus we are stretched pretty thin between iraq, afghanistan, and the trouble with our economy and the fact that china owns a lot of our debt.

Would it be a strategic advantage to attack NK, (assuming we would win) what would we gain? i say nothing, NK is china's problem and eventually will be like canada to the US, when "the leader" kicks that country will change very quickly.

I think the middle eastern countries is the best place to continue to focus on, an maybe africa next, both have a ton of under utilized people and resources.

asia will continue to grow become more democratic/capatialistic. maybe we are on the cusp of a new phase of prosperity, there are some major problems to overcome, but i have faith in humanity :)

Theres one thing everyone has to remember and thats China, if any military force like Korea mess with us they have to mess with China because everyone has to remember that without us China's economy would start to crumble as would the U.S. I'm an American and I know some people don't want to admit it but we are already in a mess with the economy and we can't be without help from other countries so my answer no Korea and the U.S. will not go to war umless something serious happens that makes it a must like Korea getting a nuke or them trying to invade us which won't happen anytime soon

Source(s): hope i helped

Frankly we had a many chances last year & wimped out. The shelling, the Chenoan sinking, the missile tests. We have had plenty of reasons. Obama would rather kick the can. With the earthquake In Japan, Expect Guam to get more crowded. The base deal for Okinawa is still up in the air. To bad The PI tried to shake us down for money. Otherwise we would still be in Subic bay & not your back yard.

The rulers of North Korea spend too much time and money repressing their people to bother with a war.

• Rob

Heck no! We are financially on thin ice already.. How the hell do you plan on funding a war when the tax payers are already in poverty because the govt. can't control it's programs and budgets...

This country is going to go broke within the next year if we don't do something. Another war is the last of our priorities...

--Rob USMC

Russia would not risk their country going to war with america over north korea acting like a spoiled brat and if it stepped over the line they would probably sit back and enjoy the show.

• Lv 6

After Our 4 wars (Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Yemen) have ended....maybe

• Chuck

No.