Teen Parents vs. Adult Parents?

how do you guys feel about teen/young parents vs. adult parents (25+)?

im 17, about to turn 18, my boyfriend is 19 about to turn 20.

we both want a child with each other, and we know we will be able to provide for a child. financially AND emotionally.

i feel that teen parents make better parents than older parents because an older parent cant provide for a child emotionally like a teen parent can. yes i see 16 & pregnant and teen mom that they show on MTV. those girls are S-T-U-P-I-D. they didnt plan on having children and they were stupid about having sex. Besides Maci from teen mom, she was actually a smart one. As for me, i am BEYOND smart, i came up with a financial plan for my child, i start looking at prices in circulars and everything, and i know how much a baby will cost financially. i already know being a parent isnt easy. but im ready for it. what does age have to do with it? for my age im very mature, and have been told this on many occasions. so if i have the mind of a 30 year old, just the body of a 17 year old, why am i not ready? people who think teen parents arent good parents are plain ignorant to me. i just dont get it, but whats your opinion ?

thank you for all the positive feedback, now i know that being a teen mom isnt a bad thing, and its only the media that gives teen moms a bad image. this is the guy i want to spend my life with, plan on getting married, were just waiting for the right time so that we can plan a big beautiful wedding. thats all

Sweetheart, mature women don't say they're ready for a baby at 17. And it's not just the money and being about to emotionally handle it. A lot of teenagers bodies can't physically handle labor and deliver. There's alot that could go wrong.

1

Source(s): Watch Hot Girl Alone - http://CamGz.com/?hQsF

I was a teen mom/ wife. It is time consuming.. frustrating at times.. and takes alot of money.. no matter what money plan you come up with.. things are also always going to come up. Medical bills.. clothes.. food.. all the newborn things you need... diapers.. then stuff to support you and your husband. I am a great mother i love my daughter so much and wouldn't have it any other way but not all teens & not all adults are ready.. it just depends on the person. I am managing working.. raisiong my child.. being married and now taking college classes.. at the end of the day i am exhausted but my daughter is worth it 100% :) Just not everyone is as lucky as me. Just remember your 17 so any plan you think you might have you really need to think about it for awhile longer.. is the guy your with the guy you want to spend forever with? does he have a good job with good money.. do you have medical insurance.. do you live in your own house.. are youready to pay rent.. electric.. gas bill.. buy food every month.. and stuff like toilet paper.. dish soap all that stuff.? Well all i gotta say is just consider your options.. but your almost 18 so the choice is yours to make. I wasn't ready but yes it works for me because i would do anything to support my child and so would my husband.. lets just hope if you do have this baby you have a good man to stand by you because i couldn't have done/ still do it without my wonderful husbands help. well i c ould have but it would have been hard.. ecspecailly because you wont have your parents to ffall back on anymore.. you will be the parent.

i think that adult parents can also provide for their child emotionally if not better than a young parents because adults are more likely to keep calm in a situation and are more likely to look at their childs problem with a level head.

i look at myself (19) and sometimes i will blow up over stuff that my older siblings (23 and 22) can just shrug off because they know it no big deal and i will calm down in a minute

my second opinion is you sound a bit immature for saying you are as mature as a 30 year old. just enjoy having the maturity of a 17 year old you can only get away with it once because a 30 year old with the maturity of a 17 year old is mega annoying and people will just be like dude its not funny grow up.

also if you are so mature why can you not be mature enough to realise that finishing you education and setting yourself up with a regular job is always a good start to having children. you might manage and get by but it will give you a better chance and an easier chance if you set yourself up first then have a child. also in the current climate even if you can show you have a good work experience you have a better chance of getting a job.

my boyfriend is 19 about to turn 20 and he is going to university next year. his parents are encouraging him to go because neither of them went to university. also his mum encourages him to go out and do things because she had her first child at his age and she wants him to have experiences that she didnt. both his parents want him to get a good education and then have children because they feel that will give him a good start in life and give the child a good start.

right now a baby might seem like a great idea and a celebration of you and your boyfriend but what if things go wrong. what if you decide that being 30 when you are 18 isnt quite so much fun. why not take things one step at a time.

im not saying dont do it. at the end of the day do what you like its not going to affect me. but personally i think you should wait a few more years even wait until you are 20 then get married and have a child together after all you can have a child for the next 20 years roughly so why do you need to have one now.

i dont think teen mums are bead mums ive seen there are plenty that are good mums just make sure you consider all your options first.

• Faith

I was married at 18. I was expecting my first child at 19. My husband though is 6yrs older than me.

I was a young mom but most of my friends were older than me. So I had good examples of how to parent, be a wife & mom.

I don't think the age matters as much as a the wisdom of the parent.

I've met some great young parents. My sister in laws were young moms like me & married. They are very great mature parents.

I've also met some awful adult parents.

There is no perfect age to have kids. But you do learn & know more when you are older.

Even though I was 19 when expecting my first child & I feel I was a good young mom. I know a lot more now.

Source(s): homeschooling mom of 3 - married 18 & married 17yrs

I hate when people say teen mum's are bad mums!

My mum had my oldest sister when she was 19 and she was a good mum to my sister and they have an amazing bond together and she had me when she was 30 and I think she was just as good to me as she was to my sister. My grandparents helped her out but she still went to University got a job and buckled down so she is living proof in my mind that teen mums can be just as good.

You see in the news when 20 and under mums are neglecting their child and it gives a bad image but its like they don't show the good mums who under 20 at all so it gives teen mums a bad rep. But you can get 30+ mums who are just as bad in my eyes.

I'm 16 and personally I wouldn't have a baby around this age I'm mature for my age and really good with babies and I know for sure I can defintly do it if I did get pregnant, but I'm not sure I want to miss out on my teen years such as the parties and I want to go University because some people say its the best time of there lives and it's something I want to do for experience as well as getting a job.

It sounds like you CAN do it but I think you should wait because you still have time to enjoy being young!

The only thing my mum regrets is that she got into an Art school because she was really good at it and it was like a top school for Art but she couldn't go because it was either have a baby or go to school and she choose to have my sister....she still went to University but a while later. Just wait it out before you decide.

Also totally agree with you comment about Teen Mom. Maci is such a good mama! I think Farrah is okay as well now she's giving up finding a boyfriend!

Some teen mom's can be as good as mom's like me.

Im 28, i have 2 little girls and expecting a baby boy end of october this year (:

I wanted a child at your age, i knew i could provide for it, i was at collage studying to be a hairdresser and my now husband was studying to be a teacher, but we decided to wait until we were on steady ground and we had our own house, own car etc, When we are 17 we had none of that.

Im glad i waited, ive got 2 wonderful daughter who i love to bits and another one on the way!

I don't judge teen mom's, i think if they can provide for them then they can just as a good job as us older parents!!!!

I'm 18 and have too two year olds, and me and my kids have turned out just fine, and all had too turn to was my boyfriend and my mum, i was just doing my gsces when i had mine, but trust me, when you have your kids at a young age, some thing just kicks in and you know exactly what to do , sometimes teen parents are better then adult parents :) hope this helps xx

This is the age where you are suppose to have fun. Go do things before being so tied down. Go on a vacation if you can afford it, travel, have fun! Having a kid is for when you are too old for partying and it is time to settle down.

I totally agree with you, and you do sound pretty mature for your age... I don't even know what those circular things are haha.