Pe Zahav asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

Is Hebrew a difficult language to learn?

I speak Italian, English and a bit of French. I would really like to learn Hebrew because I find it very nice, but... is it tough? Will I face many difficulties?

For people who learnt Hebrew: which has been the hardest thing to learn?

Favorite Answer

If you are planning to speak and READ Hebrew you will have to get used to a whole set of letters. Unlike Italian, English, French and others it doesn't use the A-B-C.

If you are planing only to learn how to speak you will have to face 2 main problems:

- male / female, it is very different from English.

- the pronunciation of letters like ח (a throaty sound, like you are about to spit) and ע (sounds like "a'a").

Source(s): Native Hebrew speaker

The only difficulty is to learn the alphabet. After that you'll quickly dicover that hebrew is very simple. A good and serious school, that's all.

I've learned it many years ago- easy!

Not so difficult. For me, Hebrew is about saying short phrase, adapting with new strange script, hardly pronuncing some consonants. Maybe the hardest part is the consonants.

I did not lear Hebrew, but I know some people who did it. They all said Hebrew was easy to learn for them.