Serious dog health question - not sure vet knows what he's doing?

Hello, My sister in law and brother have a Alaskan Malamute and she is currently in season - they went out for the day and left her in her kennel (as they have an intact male Sib). They came home to see "something sticking out her vagina" so took her to the vet and the vet said her "clit has... show more Hello,

My sister in law and brother have a Alaskan Malamute and she is currently in season - they went out for the day and left her in her kennel (as they have an intact male Sib). They came home to see "something sticking out her vagina" so took her to the vet and the vet said her "clit has prolapsed", now as far as I am aware dogs do not have a clit so to me this sounds like a prolapsed womb?

The vet told them to just rub KY jelly on her vagina to stop it drying out - I happen to think this vet may well be wrong (they told my brother to hit their sib over the nose with a newspaper when they first got him SIGH).

Any ideas?
Update: EDIT@ HAZEL - Urm had you READ you would know this ISN'T my dog so how am I meant to have her properly spayed?!