Should I "change" or "flush my transmission fluid?

My car is a 2000 Dodge Stratus it has 109,000 miles, and my friend that is a mechanic told me that I needed my Transmission Fluid changed. On my owners manual it said that I had to change it at 100,000 miles, so I am 9,000 miles overdue. So im wondering if I should just change the filter and drain all the... show more My car is a 2000 Dodge Stratus it has 109,000 miles, and my friend that is a mechanic told me that I needed my Transmission Fluid changed. On my owners manual it said that I had to change it at 100,000 miles, so I am 9,000 miles overdue. So im wondering if I should just change the filter and drain all the Transmission Fluid and put new Transmission fluid OR get it all flushed and cleaned
and put new Transmission Fluid. I dont know which way to go because I heave been doing research and I read that if I dont FLUSH the old tranny fluid and I put the new one in that, it will be the same thing because the old tranny fluid that was unable to drain will just contaminate the new tranny fluid that I put in. I also heard it was bad to flush my tranny fluid out because it would break loose all the junk that is holding my tranny together which would make my tranny fail. SO I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO?