Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

can wolf dogs/ hybrids have blue eyes and white fur?

I am trying to help my neighbor find out if his dog is really part wolf? he was told by whoever he got it from that is was, anyways the dog?/wolf is beautiful! She is pure white with light blue eyes, he is also not sure if she is spayed, and dosent have the $ to take her to vet. Oh if she is part wolf will she be in heat only once a year?

• Best answer

Very unlikely- sounds like a white, blue eyed Siberian Husky.

Blue eyes are a dog triat and a recessive gene- meaning both parents must carry the trait. And while yes, *SOME* wolfdogs can have blue eyes, most of those animals are much lower content/mostly dog.

As it is sounding like she is mostly if not a pure DOG, she will probably have 2 heat cycles a year, or approx. every 6-8 months.

Sounds like another misrepresented animal- tell your neighbor to keep the wolf label off her and get her spayed!

Source(s): www.texx-wolf-tails.webs.com

Possible, yes. Blue eyes are a domestic dog trait.

If the dog looks like a wolf it's probably a siberian husky. Actual wolf hybrids are pretty uncommon, but huskies and malamutes and their mixes are frequently mistaken for hybrids.

If she is a hybrid she can still have the frequent canine heat cycle. Depends on the genetics.

It's up to the vet to determine if there is wolf in the dog, they can tell by the teeth most of th etime.

Get her spayed, even wolves come into heat more than once. Best to check for local ordinances against hybrids if she turns out to be one, many places are putting bans on them now or requiring that the owner take out a special insurance rider.

she may be part wolf. but more likely she is another norther breed like a Siberian husky or Alaskan. i raised sibes for manny years and anybody who saw my dogs asked if they are part wolf... people dint really get it hollywood has led them astray.... allot of people would tell me " i had a husky once.. it was part wolf" let me tell ya. most people who have a norther breed thinks its part wolf. there is a chance that the dog is but, unlikely. if it is pure bread wolfs only go into heat once a year, and there is a System for determine or rating wolf dogs and how akin to wolf they are. google it.

Sorry but I don't know about this

Yes it might be possible. You should look it up online!

possibly.. give it a DNA test you can google it.

That is true