How do not some people believe in GOD?

What do they think about after life?

How do they explain creation of all the universe?(Can it be itself?)

Have they ever searched about religion even one?

even though don't believe in GOD, Have they never felt fearing uncertainty?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best answer

Sometimes this is just a lack of understanding of the bible has a lot to do with it. For instance, symbolic and literal. You can understand this more by the days of creation. To many they read these as literal days which does not agree with science on how the earth was made however, if read in context we read:

Length of Creative Days. The Bible does not specify the length of each of the creative periods. Yet all six of them have ended, it being said with respect to the sixth day (as in the case of each of the preceding five days): “And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a sixth day.” (Ge 1:31) However, this statement is not made regarding the seventh day, on which God proceeded to rest, indicating that it continued. (Ge 2:1-3) Also, more than 4,000 years after the seventh day, or God’s rest day, commenced, Paul indicated that it was still in progress. At Hebrews 4:1-11 he referred to the earlier words of David (Ps 95:7, 8, 11) and to Genesis 2:2 and urged: “Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest.” By the apostle’s time, the seventh day had been continuing for thousands of years and had not yet ended. The Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ, who is Scriptural identified as “Lord of the sabbath” (Mt 12:8), is evidently part of the great sabbath, God’s rest day. (Re 20:1-6) This would indicate the passing of thousands of years from the commencement of God’s rest day to its end. The week of days set forth at Genesis 1:3 to 2:3, the last of which is a sabbath, seems to parallel the week into which the Israelites divided their time, observing a sabbath on the seventh day thereof, in keeping with the divine will. (Ex 20:8-11) And, since the seventh day has been continuing for thousands of years, it may reasonably be concluded that each of the six creative periods, or days, was at least thousands of years in length.

That a day can be longer than 24 hours is indicated by Genesis 2:4, which speaks of all the creative periods as one “day.” Also indicative of this is Peter’s inspired observation that “one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.” (2Pe 3:8) Ascribing not just 24 hours but a longer period of time, thousands of years, to each of the creative days better harmonizes with the evidence found in the earth itself.

By showing loving concern, humility and the art of teaching (reasoning on the scriptures) any honest hearted person will listen and change. You have to understand from their point of view and also life experiences. If they have had a negative experience of religion, many conclude we are all the same and don't look any further. However, by showing a person you are different, can have an effect on how they feel and view christians. Just remember that there has been many awful things done in the name or religion including wars, fleecing of flocks (for monetary gain) an abuse however by living by the bible which does not support these action we show a person that this is not what it is all about.

Another point I want to mention is many Christians hail down condemnation of a fiery hell and torment at unbelievers. If someone had have come to me when I first started to learn saying this, I would not have become a christian knowing that the person was not displaying the love that the bible says sets Christ's disciples apart. John 13:34,35

By looking at the examples of how first century christians taught in the bible we can see that this does not work. When a Samaritan village refused to receive Jesus, these “Sons of Thunder” were ready to call down fire from heaven to annihilate its inhabitants. Previously, John had tried to prevent a man from expelling demons in Jesus’ name. Jesus gave reproof and correction in each case.—Lu 9:49-56.

The apostle Paul underlined the importance of this skill when writing to his preaching companion Timothy. He said: “Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.” (1 Tim. 4:16) The kind of teaching that Paul had in mind is not the mere imparting of knowledge. Effective Christian ministers reach the hearts of people and motivate them to make changes in their lives.

Source(s): insight on the scriptures
  • 9 years ago

Why would there be an after life, if we are just the product of a natural event.

Read this weeks issue of New Scientist, especially the part on existence that explains why nothingness is much more improbable than something existing. Scientists have been saying this since the 1930s, but the religious do not seem to have listened.

Brought up in a Christian home, went to Christian school for 7 years.

Not really.

There is no evidence for gods and from what we do know of the universe, no need for them.

• 9 years ago

title:

the same way you don;t believe in the thousands of gods "existing" out there

plus: I need proof

what do they think about after life?

it is only wishful thinking

science

I was raised an orthodox christian

even though don't believe in GOD, Have they never felt fearing uncertainty?

no

• 9 years ago

These beliefs seem "obvious" to you because it's what you have been taught since you were a child. But they are not based in reason and evidence.

How do we know something is real? It manifests in some objective way (not a "feeling"). I believe in things that manifest (trees, mountains, bacteria, humans, stars, planets, machines, animals) and I do not believe in things that do not (leprechauns, fairies, ghosts, goblins, unicorns, Superman, Thor, Zeus, gods).

As for explaining the physical world, we have natural explanations that do not require gods, such as evolution and the big bang, and these are supported by huge amounts of evidence. We don't know what caused the Big Bang at the moment, but there's no reason there shouldn't be a natural explanation for that too. In any case, when scientists say they don't know, that doesn't mean that the religious explanation must be correct.

And why should I be afraid of being wrong? Is god really such a vindictive sadist that he would punish me for using my mind and coming to a logical conclusion? This kind of god is created by ignorant, jealous power-hungry fanatics in their own image.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think the easiest answer, is to simply rephrase what you've said, that way you can read it and think, "Oh, this guys is an idiot, but his answer looks awfully similar to my question... hmmm, perhaps I'm an idiot?"

How do not some people believe in Tooth Fairy?

What do they thing about missing tooth?

How do they explain money under pillow?

Have they ever searched for Santa Clause or Unicorns even one?

even though don't believe in Tooth Fairy, Have they never felt fearing uncertainty about tooth?

• 9 years ago

How do not some people believe in the FSM?

even though don't believe in the FSM, Have they never felt fearing uncertainty?

Or

How do not some people believe in Odin?

even though don't believe in Odin, Have they never felt fearing uncertainty?

Or

How do not some people believe in pink unicorns?

even though don't believe in pink unicorns, Have they never felt fearing uncertainty?

• Eileen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Only God knows.

• 9 years ago

Christian,Jews or Muslim we all believe in the same god and who ever your religion is , you are right. I am Muslim. People need to believe in god to live a happy life and save them from hell and from their life problems and to learn to forgive them self. We didn't exist out of no where.

Every thing in life that we create is made by man. But what about us? did we just appear out of no where or by a coincidence?

Energy is neither created nor destroyed but converted from 1 form to another (Example Light Energy to heat energy by light bulb). is an Energy Rule of Physics.

If so then how can Atheist Not ask them self how was it created.

Only god can created energies.

Only god can create us.

We will die and we will go to god after we do. and We will be judged,

Its better to repent and do good deeds before you die while having sins.

Peace

• 9 years ago

I carry a pair of needle-nose pliers in the trunk of my car, to remove jesus fish icons from stranger's unattended parked cars. It does ruin the paint job a little, but it's going to be ruined when than trade it in at the dealership anyway. I think of this as a public service to make the world a better place. I never stick around for any of them to thank me.

• Muppet
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

There is nothing there measurable or tangible you realise, same for Thor and Zeus and all the other gods Also just because you don't know does not mean it must be god. The ancient people thought the sun was god.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

1) you have horrible grammar lol

2) i don't think there is an afterlife we just become unconscious is all

3) i used to be a christian and thought about being a Buddhist

4) i am still uncertain. it's like one of those im 99% sure things but there's always the possibility that i'm wrong as much as there is the possibility that christians, buddhists, jews, muslims, and hindus are wrong.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.